Be quiet please.

Re: Absolute dross......

Everyone please ignore Bluebird23.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Who?

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

Not what I expected today. Very disappointing. It’s time Jonny Williams started.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    ....yet again.

Another abject performance, where half the players looked like they were already on the beach.

Without Morrison the writing was on the wall, he’s the leader and heart and soul of this team. Flint without Morrison alongside today, was a liability. Continually gave possession or cheap free kicks away, and the less said about the free header he missed to equalise, the better.

I don’t understand in a must win game, why MM didn’t pick a more attacking side. Forest hadn’t won in six games, just three points out of 18, scoring just three goals. Yes, they got a draw at Brentford, which was down to Brentford’s terrible finishing on the day. They should have had five.

For us, results have been masking the fact the football is continually terrible under MM, with no signs of improvement.

We’ve now won one of the last five games, just five points out of 15, outplayed in almost all those games.

We’ve scored just two goals in those five games. One an own goal, the other from a throw in. Why can’t we create chances, or score from open play?

And how McCarthy can bring on five subs and not use Hoilett, who has more ability than all of them, is mystifying. Plus, he took off the only player who was passing the ball all game, and could potentially get us a goal, in Wilson.

One of his biggest mistakes is offloading Glatzel, without lining up a replacement striker. There is no goal scoring option to Moore, and in recent games he’s been totally ineffective and stinking the place out. He can’t even hold the ball up when it’s played to him, which invites pressure back on us.

MM was a decent appointment until the end of the season, but it’s depressing to think he’s got a two year contract. We can expect more of this rubbish, and you can see why Ipswich and Ireland supporters wanted shot of him.

He’s a managerial dinosaur, who’s best days are long behind him. We might as well have appointed George Graham!
    Tend to agree about Kieffer Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Not what I expected today. Very disappointing. It’s time Jonny Williams started.
    Forest are an average side, but it's not terribly difficult to stop City scoring once you've eliminated the aerial threat. I agree re. Williams, a league 1 player who has better control of the ball when running than any other City player - including Wilson.

I don’t know who this guy supports but he seems to know enough about us to produce a pretty accurate summary.

Any news on Morrisons injury?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Deserved nothing, rubbish performance. Until we rebuild that woeful midfield it'll just keep going on and on
    That's why i don't want us to go up this season. We'd be cannon fodder for the third time in less than ten years in the prem. How embarrassing! We need to stay up for a few seasons at least, next time we reach the 'promised land'. Let's hope Mick rebuilds our midfield over the summer

It was crap though, wasn't it? We're in no danger of being relegated and need to win most of our remaining games to get into the play-offs, yet MM picked pretty much the most defensive team possible given the players available.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Forest are an average side, but it's not terribly difficult to stop City scoring once you've eliminated the aerial threat. I agree re. Williams, a league 1 player who has better control of the ball when running than any other City player - including Wilson.
    Williams is technically excellent, the only reason he was playing in League 1 are the terrible injury problems he's had, he's not a League 1 standard player

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Play off hopes not happening.
    Lets put Sang in the middle of the park for the run in and Ng back on the right. We desperately need someone who can find a blue shirt and have some composure on the ball in the middle.
    Totally agree. Worth a shot in the last few games. Good prep for next season as well.

Agree with much to be fair although repetitive.

Moore also could do with being dropped, he has looked awful for a fair few weeks. Tired or whatever the case may be it is what it is.

Not saying most of the team weren't equally as poor today mind.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It was crap though, wasn't it? We're in no danger of being relegated and need to win most of our remaining games to get into the play-offs, yet MM picked pretty much the most defensive team possible given the players available.
    It wasn't brilliant but point me to a game over the last ten years where it's been said, "Cardiff City played the other team off the park with their beautiful passing game, so easy on the eye". Blue idiot aka a Jack went quiet when we were winning, just a troll.

Reality check, this is the Championship and on any given day anyone beats anyone. More attempts on target, more shots, guess what, one less goal, that's all that matters.

Is Mick the man to lead us for the next 20 years and become Sir Alex Ferguson like in his admiration? No, no modern manager is given the chance nowadays. If it were up to Bluebird, Sir Alex Ferguson would have been sacked and we would have been deprived the best manager of modern times.

Am I saying Mick could be the new Sir Alex, of course I'm not but he's getting the best (the majority of the time) from a squad that seems to know one way to play the game. Turning that around, with or without money, takes time and PATIENCE from the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It wasn't brilliant but point me to a game over the last ten years where it's been said, "Cardiff City played the other team off the park with their beautiful passing game, so easy on the eye". Blue idiot aka a Jack went quiet when we were winning, just a troll.

Reality check, this is the Championship and on any given day anyone beats anyone. More attempts on target, more shots, guess what, one less goal, that's all that matters.

Is Mick the man to lead us for the next 20 years and become Sir Alex Ferguson like in his admiration? No, no modern manager is given the chance nowadays. If it were up to Bluebird, Sir Alex Ferguson would have been sacked and we would have been deprived the best manager of modern times.

Am I saying Mick could be the new Sir Alex, of course I'm not but he's getting the best (the majority of the time) from a squad that seems to know one way to play the game. Turning that around, with or without money, takes time and PATIENCE from the fans.
    I've bitten again haven't I.......I'll never learn. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Any news on Morrisons injury?
    According to Mick post match it's a calf strain - although the hole in his heel can't be helping.

He's very doubtful for Monday, and maybe also a doubt for Blackburn a week tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Be quiet please.
    But,but, we live in a democracy that encourages free speech, let Bluebird23 speak I say do not imprison his views.

Assuming we remain in the championship, we need a quality playmaker and a decent striker to partner Moore.
    Listening to the Sky commentator today he mentioned “Moore has been quiet and if Forest can maintain that you must wonder where a Cardiff goal is going to come from”.
    Says it all really. Our players try to give everything by running, tackling and putting their bodies in the way but little help for Moore and not enough creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Assuming we remain in the championship, we need a quality playmaker and a decent striker to partner Moore.
    Listening to the Sky commentator today he mentioned “Moore has been quiet and if Forest can maintain that you must wonder where a Cardiff goal is going to come from”.
    Says it all really. Our players try to give everything by running, tackling and putting their bodies in the way but little help for Moore and not enough creativity.
    Quality creative players don't come cheap , I think we have a half decent ones on the books in Murphy, Tomlin, Wilson, Hoilett, Ojo and, Bacuna, sadly they don't always turn up consistently .

I forgot we were playing today, i was so excited to get back to training my girls team, i spent the afternoon planning a session

Sun's out, had a beer while sat in the garden, nice

I don't know why people think Bluebird 23 is an interloper. Doesn't anyone think our fans could be this impatient or opinionated?

naff off you soppy tart

If you want perfect football go and buy a man United or Liverpool shirt

We are Cardiff City

Dragged up from footballs gutter

Have it

I hope there's no ongoing discussions to bring Ojo in permanently; the lad has no interest in being here.

Its been a lovely sunny day today, hasn't it?

The daffs are dying back though.