+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: FT: SHEFF WEDS 5 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFF WEDS 5 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

How about Shughie Mcfee and Mr Lovejoy at the centre of defence?

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Harris got City to the play offs. McCarthy got City on a 10 match unbeaten run. They're not bad managers, they just have a truly awful bunch of players from whom they squeezed every last iota of effort & commitment to go on a run. I only played local football as probably most here did, but just watching most of our players week in week out, you don't have to have a profound knowledge of the game to realize they're playing well above their comfort-zone.
    Agreed but the problem is they are the managers who got these players in the first place. Whenever we play against any team with a bit of movement and/or pace we struggle, even if that team is bottom of the league like Sheff Wed.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think Moore probably got fed up chasing shadows a couple of games ago, so maybe could have been rested. Wilson & Ojo ? Wilson is usually anonymous and it's hard to believe Ojo is a Liverpool player. Not sure it makes much difference.
    Its hard for a creative payer to be anything but that when the ball is 10 feet above your head half the time. Wilson has proved both internationally and at club level to be a good player, its not his fault we've employed two managers who have no idea how to get the best out of technically gifted players

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I'd like to see a midfield of David Hunter, Adam Chance and Mr Booth. All classy players.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its hard for a creative payer to be anything but that when the ball is 10 feet above your head half the time. Wilson has proved both internationally and at club level to be a good player, its not his fault we've employed two managers who have no idea how to get the best out of technically gifted players
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I chucked Sandy’s name in after the thread about the age of the posters, knew a few would remember him
    Good call that. You could have gone for Meg too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We haven’t got anyone with enough skill to nutMEG

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And Benny for manager.

Class!!!! He was playing against the invisible men, Sandy Richardson would have looked class against our non existent midfield today!!!
    He was going to sign for us in January, but apparently he is at the Crossroads in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    6 games left in this season and we should start focusing on asking what we want to be for the 2022-2023 season. We're unlikely to be able to move on many of the players who have had bad games today so, sadly, days like this are likely to repeated next year but that's relatively okay as long as i) we stay up next season and ii) we're building for Championship automatic promotion run the year after.

- There is no point in playing Nelson for next 6 games because we know exactly who he is and he's already got an extended contract here. Brown is most similar to Nelson (appears to be limited on the ball, not much threat in opposition's box) so we need to know if it's worth keeping him as a cheap, left-footed CB option or end his deal because he's too similar to Nelson and we only find that out by playing him at CB.

- Pack is our most intelligent midfielder but I struggle to see what skills he offers physically that Sang can't. If we can, Sang should be moved into midfield so we can hopefully develop him into our Bannan going forward for '22-'23. Or start them together so Pack can help lead him through the game.

- Harry Wilson's attitude coming off the bench was levels above Ojo's and he had some nice link up play with Watters. It's unlikely that Ojo is here next year so no point in him getting further game time whereas Wilson can help players develop and Watters/Moore might be our starting attack next year.

- Keeping some of Warnock's leaders and using them to help bring though our exciting youth prospects would be a very good use of next year. Having such an experienced manager to help bring them through would be a smart use of MM's time here.

2022-2023 season really isn't that far away so let's make moves now and in the summer that gives us the best chance of a run at promotion.

A lot of sensible suggestions there. Will MM take the gamble though ?

How did it go? Please don’t tell us you married Miss Diane!

Apologies if I’ve said this before on here, but back in about 1982, a few of us were walking about wearing badges which said “Never mind the whale, save Arthur Brownlow” when it was announced he was going to be killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Apologies if I’ve said this before on here, but back in about 1982, a few of us were walking about wearing badges which said “Never mind the whale, save Arthur Brownlow” when it was announced he was going to be killed off.
    I’ve still got my ‘Free George Jackson’ banner, but that’s another story

How did it go? Please don’t tell us you married Miss Diane!
    Cracking few days. Fortunately I didn’t marry Benny.

Cracking few days. Fortunately I didn’t marry Benny.
    All the best to both of you ya Royal Biscuitman