+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFF WEDS 5 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

70 minutes. Tactical genius to make changes now.

I thought the ref should have given us a penalty try just now.

The problem is the midfield Mick for f*cks sake

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The problem is the midfield Mick for f*cks sake
    And what midfield would that be?

I was kidding...but 6 or 7 looks realistic...and Ojo on???? he does nothing.

That Paterson looks useful. Wonder if he's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I was kidding...but 6 or 7 looks realistic...and Ojo on???? he does nothing.
    Uh oh! Now you've done it

FFS makes subs but still using three at the back.

Thank god Moore is off. He’s been useless for about 5 or 6 games may as well give him a rest

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thank god Moore is off. He’s been useless for about 5 or 6 games may as well give him a rest
    We've run him into the ground.

Nelson again proving he provides zero threat in opposition box. He's a good defender but most defenders need to offer either being comfortable in possession or being threat in opposition box (ideally both) and he just doesn't do either of those extras.

There were two players waiting to tap that in because Vaulks had given up chasing back and Flint was awfully out of position.

Wednesday were lowest scorers in the league before this game. Vaulks/Pack in front of Nelson, Flint and Brown don't offer much control on the ball and still give up time and space around our box.

3 substitutions and Vaulks still stays on the pitch, sums up how bad we are

Season’s done, dread to think what the crowd will be next Saturday for the Blackburn match.

I think the play offs were gone before this but to watch that for 70 minutes and not make one change is ridiculous.

The most worrying thing for me is the performances have tailed off before the ink on his contract dried.

It is a vital summer to reinforce central midfield and full back positions. I would struggle to describe what our central midfield players do let alone what they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I think the play offs were gone before this but to watch that for 70 minutes and not make one change is ridiculous.

The most worrying thing for me is the performances have tailed off before the ink on his contract dried.

It is a vital summer to reinforce central midfield and full back positions. I would struggle to describe what our central midfield players do let alone what they do well.
    Harris In.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Harris In.
    If Harris hadn't stayed as long as he did we might not have been as far from the play offs for it to be out of question given our run after MM took over.

I think we were hasty with MM two year deal but were maybe spooked with his links to the Celtic job etc. As I said at the time wouldn't have been my choice and was fine with it until the end of the season. Our central midfield needs an overhaul but has for quite some time and I hope he sorts it out at the end of the season for his and our sake.

If nothing else, maybe the penny will have finally dropped with MM. We can't pass, can't play and don't deserve a play-off spot. If he is not able to put things right it's going to be a helluva long two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    If nothing else, maybe the penny will have finally dropped with MM. We can't pass, can't play and don't deserve a play-off spot. If he is not able to put things right it's going to be a helluva long two years.
    Maybe the penny will also have dropped with the Board. If you appoint Warnock, Harris and McCarthy it's only going to result in one thing.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Maybe the penny will also have dropped with the Board. If you appoint Warnock, Harris and McCarthy it's only going to result in one thing.

StT.
    <><
    Harris got City to the play offs. McCarthy got City on a 10 match unbeaten run. They're not bad managers, they just have a truly awful bunch of players from whom they squeezed every last iota of effort & commitment to go on a run. I only played local football as probably most here did, but just watching most of our players week in week out, you don't have to have a profound knowledge of the game to realize they're playing well above their comfort-zone.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Harris got City to the play offs. McCarthy got City on a 10 match unbeaten run. They're not bad managers, they just have a truly awful bunch of players from whom they squeezed every last iota of effort & commitment to go on a run. I only played local football as probably most here did, but just watching most of our players week in week out, you don't have to have a profound knowledge of the game to realize they're playing well above their comfort-zone.
    Did you think he picked the right team today?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Did you think he picked the right team today?
    I think Moore probably got fed up chasing shadows a couple of games ago, so maybe could have been rested. Wilson & Ojo ? Wilson is usually anonymous and it's hard to believe Ojo is a Liverpool player. Not sure it makes much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Agreed but the problem is they are the managers who got these players in the first place. Whenever we play against any team with a bit of movement and/or pace we struggle, even if that team is bottom of the league like Sheff Wed.

StT.
    <><

We appear to have Douglas Bader playing centre back but they left Flint's name on the team sheet.

Flint’s best game for Wednesday, when’s his loan spell up?

Sheff Wed next home game.......Swansea....