Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
Having worked extensively throughout Europe for the last 30 years and now living in Poland, I’m witnessing things from a different perspective.

First & foremost 99%+ of Europeans couldn’t give a toss about the UK, they also have no interest in Brexit or what the UK are doing. I’d also observe that Covid is a lesser issue as well, it’s an inconvenience that people are living with and in a more disciplined way than the UK.

In recent months the post Brexit media in UK has been sensationalist, nationalistic and embarrassing.

What you’re seeing in the UK is the view of the world driven by the media & politicians, on this occasion using AZ as the political football.

It’s pretty obvious that whilst in the UK we see ourselves as the centre of the universe, the outside world doesn’t have the same view and either don’t care about the UK or view us as an arrogant inconvenience.

Just my observation & formed opinion
Whats all that got to do with the way that they have made a total cock up of their vaccination programme. Their issues with the AZ vaccine are most likely to do with the fact that they are embarrassed that the UK has rolled it out so fast, so they are doing anything they can to discredit it, as it is viewed as a British vaccine. That attitude will cost them the lives of their citizens. There are at least six different policies on the AZ vaccine within the EU member states - hardly a united Europe is it ?