+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vaccine Confusion Europe

Re: Vaccine Confusion Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    The embarrassment has clearly spread to Canada, who have ceased giving the AZ vaccine to under 55s.
    So 30 cases identified in 18 million jabs in the uk.....I guess we can let them carry on locking down whilst we open up? Like the MHRA say the benefits out way any risks, in the uk anyway it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I recall this worry all last summer and that was without half the population vaccinated....
    It's almost as if you're less likely to catch an airborne virus when outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am having difficulty with the concept of Angela Merkel, a former quantum-chemist, holding back the vaccination programme of Germany and presiding over the inevitable rising numbers of deaths merely because of the embarrassment you suggest.
    Conspiracy theory trumps quantum theory;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's almost as if you're less likely to catch an airborne virus when outside.
    Really? That’s good to know as Roath park is heaving today, as is Heath park and the bay.........

So 30 cases identified in 18 million jabs in the uk.....I guess we can let them carry on locking down whilst we open up? Like the MHRA say the benefits out way any risks, in the uk anyway it would seem.
    Germany have a reported 31 cases in 2.7million jabs, mainly in younger people. Limiting jabs to over 65s, especially if they have a limited supply anyway doesn't seem that crazy does it?

Why anyone would think this is done out of embarrassment or spite is beyond me.

Germany have a reported 31 cases in 2.7million jabs, mainly in younger people. Limiting jabs to over 65s, especially if they have a limited supply anyway doesn't seem that crazy does it?

Why anyone would think this is done out of embarrassment or spite is beyond me.
    It’s still a very small amount though, is that deaths or just cases? It was recently stated that the Pfizer jab had a similar amount.....
    Whatever they say, it’s just another little jab in our direction I feel....who knows why, like an ex misses who just won’t go quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just offered my opinion & observation. I’ll respond to a few comments, no I didn’t get to speak to them all but I’m working constantly across Swe, Den, Nl, Bel, Fr, Sp, It, Sui, Ger, Aut, Svk, Cz & Pl so I’ve had a wide range of views. Absolutely Germany, France and the other Western European countries have an interest in Brexit. Without doubt the Germans are arrogant, the reason we’ve moved from UK to Poland is on their say so.Why did the Poles move to Uk, we surveyed the 240 in our Midlands factory and the overwhelming response was religious oppression & intolerance within Poland. I’m in no doubt that the British media & politicians are winding up the AZ, vaccination situation. The local news here is that they’re grateful to receive 650000 AZ doses. At no point have I defended the EU.

And now for some observations, our brand new shiny factory (paid for by the Japanese, without a cent of EU funding) now has a brand new shiny sign outside saying funded by the EU. Many of my new production team have joined from D*ll, giving the reason for leaving as too many foreigners (aka Ukrainians & Belorussians). And finally contrary to popular belief the locals don’t wear Premier League shirts (or local teams) it seems the done thing to support a Bundesliga team.
    I think that's probably due to the large number of 2nd & 3rd generation Polish in German football. In the 60's & 70's Polish and Turkish immigrants usually filled the menial vacancies that the Germans preferred not to do.

It’s still a very small amount though, is that deaths or just cases? It was recently stated that the Pfizer jab had a similar amount.....
    Whatever they say, it’s just another little jab in our direction I feel....who knows why, like an ex misses who just won’t go quietly.
    31 cases, 9 deaths. It is a very small amount, I'm under 65 and I'm really happy to have had my first AZ jab.

If you are so convinced the German government is intentionally endangering the lives of it's citizens to have a pop at us, what do you think the Canadian government's motivation is?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think that's probably due to the large number of 2nd & 3rd generation Polish in German football. In the 60's & 70's Polish and Turkish immigrants usually filled the menial vacancies that the Germans preferred not to do.
    It's also because it's next door.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Just offered my opinion & observation. I’ll respond to a few comments, no I didn’t get to speak to them all but I’m working constantly across Swe, Den, Nl, Bel, Fr, Sp, It, Sui, Ger, Aut, Svk, Cz & Pl so I’ve had a wide range of views. Absolutely Germany, France and the other Western European countries have an interest in Brexit. Without doubt the Germans are arrogant, the reason we’ve moved from UK to Poland is on their say so.Why did the Poles move to Uk, we surveyed the 240 in our Midlands factory and the overwhelming response was religious oppression & intolerance within Poland. I’m in no doubt that the British media & politicians are winding up the AZ, vaccination situation. The local news here is that they’re grateful to receive 650000 AZ doses. At no point have I defended the EU.

And now for some observations, our brand new shiny factory (paid for by the Japanese, without a cent of EU funding) now has a brand new shiny sign outside saying funded by the EU. Many of my new production team have joined from D*ll, giving the reason for leaving as too many foreigners (aka Ukrainians & Belorussians). And finally contrary to popular belief the locals don’t wear Premier League shirts (or local teams) it seems the done thing to support a Bundesliga team.
    Do keep posting about your experiences. They are really interesting to read, old fruit

31 cases, 9 deaths. It is a very small amount, I'm under 65 and I'm really happy to have had my first AZ jab.

If you are so convinced the German government is intentionally endangering the lives of it's citizens to have a pop at us, what do you think the Canadian government's motivation is?
    Exactly.

This whole thread is a trainwreck. This is all about the precautionary principle. No evidence to show that the vaccine works for over 65's = 'Let's not use it for over 65's yet'. No evidence that these rather suspicious deaths aren't caused by the vaccine = 'Let's not use it for the people who appear potentially at risk. Do I think this is the right thing to do during a pandemic? Debateable. But to label it as confusion or some sly dig at the UK is just plain delusional.

Now, do I think that in the December and January, there was a hell of lot of money thrown into trying to find fault with the AZ vaccine by other companies? I would be beyond shocked if that wasn't the case.

Being pedantic? Would the Germans prefer 50,000 deaths (60 year olds) from covid out of the 2.5 million instead?

Being pedantic? Would the Germans prefer 50,000 deaths (60 year olds) from covid out of the 2.5 million instead?
    Sorry, but I'm having trouble following your argument.

Are you now saying that the German government would be willing to sacrifice 50,000 German lives, to enable them to have a sly dig at us?

Sorry, but I'm having trouble following your argument.

Are you now saying that the German government would be willing to sacrifice 50,000 German lives, to enable them to have a sly dig at us?
    Covid-19: Seven UK blood clot deaths after AstraZeneca vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646

Covid-19: Seven UK blood clot deaths after AstraZeneca vaccine https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56620646
    Yeah I saw that. I would agree that they are probably being over cautious, I guess time will tell.

I just find it hard to imagine that they would sacrifice their citizens lives just to make a point.

I don’t think they are literally sacrificing citizens to make a point, but I’m not sure they know exactly what they are doing anymore, hence merkels u turn on a Easter lockdown two weeks ago. They dithered when ordering vaccines, they still appear to be now albeit looking over at us bitterly as we finally get our shit together. What will Italy’s 3 day lockdown achieve? It’s taken 3 months here. It’s a mess.

How will it get here if we don’t let anyone in?
    Stanley Johnson?

I don’t think they are literally sacrificing citizens to make a point, but I’m not sure they know exactly what they are doing anymore, hence merkels u turn on a Easter lockdown two weeks ago. They dithered when ordering vaccines, they still appear to be now albeit looking over at us bitterly as we finally get our shit together. What will Italy’s 3 day lockdown achieve? It’s taken 3 months here. It’s a mess.
    I couldn't agree more with all you say here, they have really messed up their vaccine distribution effort. It’s Just the conspiracy theory bit of the argument that I really can’t see.

I can’t see a conspiracy either, and I love a conspiracy....I can’t explain it. When you look at the figures in that bbc article and the fact the Pfizer jab can cause clots too, it’s just strange.

International

I can’t see a conspiracy either, and I love a conspiracy....I can’t explain it. When you look at the figures in that bbc article and the fact the Pfizer jab can cause clots too, it’s just strange.
    No it cannot or at least, just like AstraZenica it has not been proven that either does yet. These clots appear in people without any injections too, and the frequency is sl low in those with the vaccine as to be almost impossible to prove.
    Covid causes blood clots