+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does everyone on here bank online ?

Re: Does everyone on here bank online ?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I moved to First Direct some 25 years ago, and it's gone from telephone, to online, and now via mobile. I have to say, it's pretty good, and if asked, I always recommend them.

Regarding the use of cash, I went in the small Tesco close to where I work recently, and they had removed the cash option from all of their self-service machines - you have to use a card. So now, you get long queues of people at the till, who all want to pay in cash. Tesco brought in the self-serve to cut down on till use, but now, they have removed the cash element, and as a consequence, they have to re-open the tills. Where is the logic in that?

Needless to say, I join the queue and pay in cash - not because I want to, but because I object to the fact that the machines have been changed. It's almost like I pay in cash just to spite them. I don't mind using a card, but if I want to pay in cash, the option should be there.
    I remember a few years ago when 'my' Tesco introduced self-service tills at the expense of around half a dozen staffed ones. The manager was keenly directing me towards them and was a little taken aback when I told him I preferred to talk another human being and help keep her[him] in a job. I also make a point of using cash for day-to-day purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Cash is king.
    Coins rule nothing.

The the vast majority we use online banking. Until I'd say a couple of years ago we used some cheques, but that was mainly for kids stuff at school. Even that has stopped now as the school are using ParentPay.
    Still have to visit the branch every now and then as my elderly inlaws still like to send us a cheque for birthday presents etc and, I think, Nat West are one of the few banks who dont allow you to upload a photo of a cheque to pay it in.

Yes and so did my long lost Nigerian uncle, he was a prince you know ....

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Yes and so did my long lost Nigerian uncle, he was a prince you know ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOOH1-N3EcE

haven't used a cheque in 30 years, not stood in a bank for over 15 years, not used cash in over two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    haven't used a cheque in 30 years, not stood in a bank for over 15 years, not used cash in over two years.
    Impressive. 30 years though? How did you manage in the 90s? I still have to write a handful of checks every year. I still pay certain tradesmen (plumbers etc) in cash. I keep cash in the house, and I usually carry some in my pocket. but I very rarely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't

I still get statements in the post

And write cheques

And I use cash

I went to tescos in Bridgend the other day with my penny jar and got 60 quid back

I am living in 1992
    But, why?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    But, why?
    As I said , I am living in 1992

You should see my hair

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm going to take a wild punt here and say that Bluetit doesn't use online banking
    A rant none of us knew we needed