+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Average age of posters appears ‘mature’ to put it politely!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Average age of posters appears ‘mature’ to put it politely!

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    56 in July.
    Are you my twin?

I liked glowing up when I did, we had phones and internet but not really any social media, so was the best of both worlds.

Also liked the music and fashion of the late 90's /2000's.
    Had the big music stations like MTV and Kerrang, I was into the skating scene, so we had Blink 182 Sum 41 and all that, also went 'emo' for a year or so with my chemical romance and Paramore

Not saying it compares to the 70's or 80's but it was fun at the time.

Careers are hard these days, most of my mates graduated with me about 5-6 years ago, and most of us still do not know really what we want to do and are working generic temporary jobs.

The good thing about my generation, is if you are fortunate, our parents and grandparents benefited from cheap home ownership and early retirements, so some friends and myself have been able to travel and work abroad, knowing we have a rent free family home to return too something my parents were not able to do. (moved out and working full time by 17/18)

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

I liked glowing up when I did, we had phones and internet but not really any social media, so was the best of both worlds.

Also liked the music and fashion of the late 90's /2000's.
    Had the big music stations like MTV and Kerrang, I was into the skating scene, so we had Blink 182 Sum 41 and all that, also went 'emo' for a year or so with my chemical romance and Paramore

Not saying it compares to the 70's or 80's but it was fun at the time.

Careers are hard these days, most of my mates graduated with me about 5-6 years ago, and most of us still do not know really what we want to do and are working generic temporary jobs.

The good thing about my generation, is if you are fortunate, our parents and grandparents benefited from cheap home ownership and early retirements, so some friends and myself have been able to travel and work abroad, knowing we have a rent free family home to return too something my parents were not able to do. (moved out and working full time by 17/18)
    I miss music tv channels, like I remember Channel U back in the day and it was easier to find music. I guess now, with the internet, new genres and artists can rise without needing big video budgets but finding a new song or artist via tiktok is nothing compared to watching music videos