Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
Bob, I just went through this in January/February this year when I showed up a PSA of 3.25 in a routine health blood test which I requested. Not very high but my doctor said everyone recording over 3.0 should go for an MRI scan. This showed Up abnormalities which gave a score which suggested I had a 54% chance of suffering with cancer.

Was then told to have a biopsy which was no worse than being uncomfortable as you said in your link. Luckily I am free of cancer but even if I had had it; at this early stage it would have been easily treated. In what way, I don’t know. Now I am on their “books”, the hospital plan is to give me another blood test every 6 months.

I didn’t have any symptoms other than needing to urinate more frequently especially after pints of beer. Also I have to pee 2 or 3 times each night. So I don’t drink much beer now as 3-4 pints takes about 12 hours to get through my system and then I need to pee less often!

So it is worth having a routine blood test for your well being which checks the prostate, cholesterol, diabetes etc.

Bob, glad you posted your link and pray that you are still well.
I'm still clear, thanks.
Hope things go well for you.