Bob, I just went through this in January/February this year when I showed up a PSA of 3.25 in a routine health blood test which I requested. Not very high but my doctor said everyone recording over 3.0 should go for an MRI scan. This showed Up abnormalities which gave a score which suggested I had a 54% chance of suffering with cancer.

Was then told to have a biopsy which was no worse than being uncomfortable as you said in your link. Luckily I am free of cancer but even if I had had it; at this early stage it would have been easily treated. In what way, I don’t know. Now I am on their “books”, the hospital plan is to give me another blood test every 6 months.

I didn’t have any symptoms other than needing to urinate more frequently especially after pints of beer. Also I have to pee 2 or 3 times each night. So I don’t drink much beer now as 3-4 pints takes about 12 hours to get through my system and then I need to pee less often!

So it is worth having a routine blood test for your well being which checks the prostate, cholesterol, diabetes etc.

Bob, glad you posted your link and pray that you are still well.