+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone Else Remember Pt3

Anyone Else Remember Pt3

Saturday morning Cinema.

Flash Gordon, Superman,Hopalong Cassidy

Re: Anyone Else Remember Pt3

The Yellow Rolls Royce. Very unmemorable. I can't only remember the film title.

I think that it was the Olympia if you had a luminous badge you were allowed upstairs. Anyone remember the song we all sang " We are the boys and girls well known as Minors of the ABC" Okay I am too old!

I was brought up in Penarth, so we used to go to the Washington Cinema on Stanwell Road. If I was staying at my Nan's in Grangetown, it meant a Saturday afternoon trip to the Ninian Cinema on Penarth Road. Both buildings are still there, but sadly, neither of them are cinemas. I can't say I went every week - once in a while was more like it.

Childrens Film Foundation, The Three Stooges, jubblies, ice poles in the Plaza North Road

I remember it. But I only went once. I used to really love films when I was a kid, (I can remember thinking that there was no such thing as a bad film because they were always enjoyable in some way) but the Saturday morning thing was not for me. A lot of silly stuff with people laughing for the sake of it. I'm not sure if they even did it in Barry. The only time I went was with a cousin in Northamptonshire.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember it. But I only went once. I used to really love films when I was a kid, (I can remember thinking that there was no such thing as a bad film because they were always enjoyable in some way) but the Saturday morning thing was not for me. A lot of silly stuff with people laughing for the sake of it. I'm not sure if they even did it in Barry. The only time I went was with a cousin in Northamptonshire.
    They used to do Saturday morning cinema in The Theatre Royal, not sure about The Tivoli. Amazing to think there was once seven cinemas in Barry, now apart from The Memo showing the odd film, since 2008 when Theatre Royal closed it means a trip to Cardiff to see the latest releases.