Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Thank you, I'm leaning towards Keyboards. TLG will know this, but because i don't know much else, i equate everything to football. A very basic outlook on improving. Remember in school, there were kids who loved playing, spent hours practicing, yet never improved their touch, awareness etc. They sort of stayed the same. That was the question i was asking about a musical instrument, is it natural ability, like football Basically, however hard i try, i'm still going to be a bit naff because music just aint in my bones
That's a nice point. Not all practice is equal. I could go ten pin bowling twice a week, but if I'm not analysing and improving my technique and thinking about what I'm doing, then my score isn't necessarily going to get much better.

To give a football example, Frank Lampard could have been a run of the mill midfielder but he not only practiced hard but did it smart - only four players have scored more top flight goals than him in the last 30 years. It's easy to say that he had the natural talent to drift into the area at the right time to get his goals, but he wasn't doing that early in his career. I think he learned and developed it.

So I don't think the fear of lacking natural ability should put anyone off. Motivation and desire to improve are much more important qualities.