+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I want to learn how to play a musical instrument.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I want to learn how to play a musical instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If you teach yourself, then it will probably happen. I've been playing keyboards in rock bands live for about 25 years, and my last lessons were when I was about 9. So I'm essentially self taught.

I also tried playing classical songs for fun, and did pretty well but there came a point in difficulty where I just couldn't play them. And it wasn't for lack of practice time, my technique is just not good enough and won't ever be.

But most people won't reach their ceiling. I also play guitar live and I'm very far from my ceiling in that instrument - a nice way of saying I suck
    I've often found that it feels like I'm just trudging along with the guitar and then all of a sudden I've improved out of nowhere, then back to trudging along.

Are there any keyboards you'd recommend? We had some in school and I wasn't bad, but they were never as cool as my mediocre guitar playing so I never pursued it

Re: I want to learn how to play a musical instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've often found that it feels like I'm just trudging along with the guitar and then all of a sudden I've improved out of nowhere, then back to trudging along.

Are there any keyboards you'd recommend? We had some in school and I wasn't bad, but they were never as cool as my mediocre guitar playing so I never pursued it
    Difficult to recommend one really.

I have a korg sp200, which I bought in 2003. Its small and light enough to carry (just about!) and fit in a car. I've gigged and rehearsed with it hundreds and hundreds of times, its fallen to the floor at least a dozen times, it's been shipped to another continent, and still every key works perfectly.

I've never had any need to research other digital pianos!