+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Animal Magic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rats

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Funny you should mention rats, they are running amok in cardiff at present. A house I rent out in Heath, my tenant awoke to find a 3/4 inch hole in the kitchen wall yesterday. They had heard noise behind it for a while. A rat eating it’s way in through a stud wall....I’m calling the council Tuesday and I’ve chucked a load of poison down as they’ve been seen out the back before. How they got in mind, I’ll never know.
    I wouldn't recommend poison for two reasons: it's neither humane or wise.

They die a terrible agonising death from poison and as they don't want to display their vulnerability to predators as they're dying, they often crawl in to really awkward places which sod's law will be under the floorboards, meaning that you'll have to take the floor boards up to take the dead rat away. This leads to another sod's law...you can guarantee that the floorboards won't lay back down properly, particularly if it's a very old house!

Re: Rats

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I wouldn't recommend poison for two reasons: it's neither humane or wise.

They die a terrible agonising death from poison and as they don't want to display their vulnerability to predators as they're dying, they often crawl in to really awkward places which sod's law will be under the floorboards, meaning that you'll have to take the floor boards up to take the dead rat away. This leads to another sod's law...you can guarantee that the floorboards won't lay back down properly, particularly if it's a very old house!
    It’s an old house. I can’t get under the floorboards anymore as they’ve been boarded over and Lino or carpet covered. I stuffed some poison in the whole the bugger chewed out of the wall. I really don’t care for how the f*ckers die.....