+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunday Dinner

Sunday Dinner

Don’t have it as regular as we used to, always had it in the past whether we wanted it or not. Anyway, as I mentioned on another thread we’ve been out this afternoon but the missus had put a leg of lamb on low in the oven to be ready when we came home. I’ve just carved it for the plates, is any else like me? Hot lamb....carve a piece put it on the plate....carve the next piece and eat it and so on, bloody gorgeous, hot roast lamb straight out of the oven

Re: Sunday Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t have it as regular as we used to, always had it in the past whether we wanted it or not. Anyway, as I mentioned on another thread we’ve been out this afternoon but the missus had put a leg of lamb on low in the oven to be ready when we came home. I’ve just carved it for the plates, is any else like me? Hot lamb....carve a piece put it on the plate....carve the next piece and eat it and so on, bloody gorgeous, hot roast lamb straight out of the oven
    I love hot roast lamb. We are having a roast dinner soon with a leg of lamb but Mrs M has already carved it to stop me from doing exactly what you described. We've recently started to have a Sunday roast on a more regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I love hot roast lamb. We are having a roast dinner soon with a leg of lamb but Mrs M has already carved it to stop me from doing exactly what you described. We've recently started to have a Sunday roast on a more regular basis.
    Hot lamb sandwiches later.

I love lamb, but mrs and daughter not fused, so we're having a small turkey.
    Makes a change from chicken.

I'll eat virtually anything, but the two above and the daughter's bf are fussy buggers.

Doner kebab

Have it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Never let a woman carvers leg of lamb
    Bloody useless
    My daughter cooks a lovely Sunday dinner but always let's me know when she's finished carving as she knows I'll kick off when I see how much is left on the leg when she chucks it in the food bin.
    I literally can get enough off for lamb sandwiches for work and make a curry after she thinks she's got all the meat off.

I know I'm in the minority, but I've never really enjoyed lamb.

Had lamb chops last night. Tails crisped up. Great tasting gravy. Absolutely fantastic meal and even better, my missus is not too keen on chops so she gives me the lion's share.

First Team

Lamb is the most overrated and ( massively) overpriced of all the roasts available.

Obviously subjective but I just do not get the lamb love in although I accept it is the traditional Easter serving. Turkey at Xmas can do one as well , dry and overpriced again.

Now a lovely pork joint with crackling and some apple sauce is the undisputed Sunday lunch champ for me but seems to be way down on most people’s list.

The older I get, the more I can take or leave meat (had my first steak, which used to be a real favourite of mine, in years recently and was very disappointed, in fact I didn't finish it), but lamb, especially with garlic and rosemary, still does the trick - it is expensive, but the occasional leg of lamb with plenty left over for curries is still a favourite of mine.

Can't stand the smell of roast lamb.
    Pork or beef for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Lamb is the most overrated and ( massively) overpriced of all the roasts available.

Obviously subjective but I just do not get the lamb love in although I accept it is the traditional Easter serving. Turkey at Xmas can do one as well , dry and overpriced again.

Now a lovely pork joint with crackling and some apple sauce is the undisputed Sunday lunch champ for me but seems to be way down on most people’s list.
    It is expensive but very often the supermarkets have it at a reduced price, so buy a few and freeze them. You can get a few meals out of a decent leg though, dinner yesterday, sandwiches last night & a stew being made later today. I love it.

Another of my tales from Poland, in 6 months I’ve not seen Lamb for sale. Doesn’t seem to be a thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Another of my tales from Poland, in 6 months I’ve not seen Lamb for sale. Doesn’t seem to be a thing here.
    Same in Holland, we have good Dutch friends and we have taken a frozen leg over in the past, they love it but its very expensive and hard to come by over there, Johan deboned it and slow cooked it in a smoker, excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Same in Holland, we have good Dutch friends and we have taken a frozen leg over in the past, they love it but its very expensive and hard to come by over there, Johan deboned it and slow cooked it in a smoker, excellent
    Lamb is so expensive here in the United States I get it just once a year, for our family St. David's Day dinner. And even then it comes pre-seasoned with all sorts of strange stuff.

Still good, though, with roasties.

"Don’t have it as regular as we used to," ah yes.....