+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 Year Contract

2 Year Contract

Thought I’d get in before Bluebird 23 or whoever.

Should never have………….

Re: 2 Year Contract

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Should never have………….
    Couldn't argue with it at the time, but in hindsight I'd tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Should never have………….
    He hasn’t surfaced yet, composing his report as we speak, will the internet be big enough for it though?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He hasn’t surfaced yet, composing his report as we speak, will the internet be big enough for it though?
    No, the internet will break.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No, the internet will break.
    The Millennium Bug will have nothing on it!!

He will be a while yet. Hes still putting the finishing touches to his Cooper Out post on Planet Swanp.

The club did everything right in getting him until the end of the season and to then review. But as usual they panicked with no long term plan or thought.

Review should have happened during international window on basis of what MM wants to do next year and the critical year of 2022-2023.

A run of extremely good performances when he came in shouldn't have decided he was right man for the job and a run of poor performances since shouldn't decide it was a mistake. Once relegation no longer on the cards, it was always about what happens going forward next season onwards.

Surely he will address the midfield, the lack of centre halves comfortable on the ball and a backup for Moore but of course no umbrella payments so he will need to try and get rid of a few to balance the books

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you disagree with his views?
    He may be a bit OTT but he has been saying what I believe .
    We are dire , how we have been winning football matches is beyond me .
    Believe it or not.
    It pains me to say that .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He will be a while yet. Hes still putting the finishing touches to his Cooper Out post on Planet Swanp.
    I know Tony
    He is a bluebird through and through .

If we are not in the top 6 by Christmas like most of our previous managers we’ll pay Mick and TC contracts off, another million wasted! And start all over again! Despite all his haters at least Harris got us to the playoffs!

We seemed to make the right decision in short term contract and review it at the end, but in classic Cardiff City style we've fecked it.

Paid up next winter, who's next? Pulis or Hughes?

Not sure what the original brief was?
    Keep us up or get us up?
    But before we knew it we were challenging and MM had the midus touch.
    However now MM isn’t the man to evolve us when a change of playing style was needed. The reality was that we were never going down.
    We could have taken time over this appointment, but it was a real shame that Sol got cancer when he did, it would have been interesting - may still be?

A few admiring glances down west, because they always seem to get their appointments right.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Not sure what the original brief was?
    Keep us up or get us up?
    But before we knew it we were challenging and MM had the midus touch.
    However now MM isn’t the man to evolve us when a change of playing style was needed. The reality was that we were never going down.
    We could have taken time over this appointment, but it was a real shame that Sol got cancer when he did, it would have been interesting - may still be?

A few admiring glances down west, because they always seem to get their appointments right.
    Agree with that, especially the bit I've highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree with that, especially the bit I've highlighted.
    We lost 5 league games in a row. I'm not sure what else to call that other than relegation form.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We lost 5 league games in a row. I'm not sure what else to call that other than relegation form.
    That coming on the back of five victories in six. We’ve become a streaky team this season in the Bristol City mould - put that together with our plain weird hone results and I think we should be concerned about what’s coming in future seasons, but, despite last night, we have an excellent away record which I’m sure would have kept us out of serious trouble this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That coming on the back of five victories in six. We’ve become a streaky team this season in the Bristol City mould - put that together with our plain weird hone results and I think we should be concerned about what’s coming in future seasons, but, despite last night, we have an excellent away record which I’m sure would have kept us out of serious trouble this time around.
    The team that lost at home to QPR was in big trouble. The players clearly had no idea what they were supposed to be doing.