+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Central midfield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Central midfield

Ralls is a good player at this level.

speaking of Central midfielders who can pass Alex mowett and emiliano marcondes are both out of contract in the summer too

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ralls is a good player at this level.

speaking of Central midfielders who can pass Alex mowett and emiliano marcondes are both out of contract in the summer too
    He hasn't been this season. Even if you disregard the games when he has played out of position, a lot of his performances have been mediocre. Vaulks has done a better job in pretty much the same role.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He hasn't been this season. Even if you disregard the games when he has played out of position, a lot of his performances have been mediocre. Vaulks has done a better job in pretty much the same role.
    Bar 4 games under Harris, and the early spell of MM none of our midfielders have played well consistently. Vaulks has been absolutely horrendous recently. Ralls has had seasons where he's played well, at his best he has drive and energy. I'd say he's the best we've got but they're all really similar bar Pack, who is glacially slow. Ralls has had his worst season during his time at the club, however. Doesn't help he's picked up some injuries. In his best season (17/18), he was our best CM by a distance and we really, really missed him when he didn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bar 4 games under Harris, and the early spell of MM none of our midfielders have played well consistently. Vaulks has been absolutely horrendous recently. Ralls has had seasons where he's played well, at his best he has drive and energy. I'd say he's the best we've got but they're all really similar bar Pack, who is glacially slow. Ralls has had his worst season during his time at the club, however. Doesn't help he's picked up some injuries. In his best season (17/18), he was our best CM by a distance and we really, really missed him when he didn't play.
    I'm usually the one defending Ralls on here, but I was trying to think of games this season in which he's made a difference for us and I could hardly think of any. Vaulks has been poor for the last few games, but I still think that he's contributed more than Ralls overall this season. It's also strange that Bacuna has rarely featured in central midfield - Harris had to use him as a right-back and McCarthy has decided that he's an attacking midfielder.