+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ralls at fullback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ralls at fullback

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There are other options ie Ciaron Brown who played left back for Livingston or play Perry NG there, althought im not a fan of playing full backs on the wrong side he is actually a full / wing back and has done fantastic for us thus far.

It doesnt have to be a straight choice between Ralls or Hoilett.
    Ciaron Brown had a shocker last night playing at left/wing back in the second half last night. He was even worse playing more centrally in the first half. Despite having extensive league experience he hasn't done anything to show he is good enough for the Championship. I understand the clamour for youngsters. Just because they are young doesn't mean they will be good. However, if we use other youngsters in other positions fans will have to realise that that will inevitably confine us to being a struggling side for the foreseeable future at least.

Re: Ralls at fullback

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Ciaron Brown had a shocker last night playing at left/wing back in the second half last night. He was even worse playing more centrally in the first half. Despite having extensive league experience he hasn't done anything to show he is good enough for the Championship. I understand the clamour for youngsters. Just because they are young doesn't mean they will be good. However, if we use other youngsters in other positions fans will have to realise that that will inevitably confine us to being a struggling side for the foreseeable future at least.
    We still have too many players past thirty or very close to it. They aren’t going to get any better now and are far more likely to get worse. Therefore, although I take the point that putting younger players in will need a lowering of expectations as we face up to possible relegation troubles, I think the same would apply, and would be a lot more costly, if we kept on with many of the same players we’ve had here in recent seasons.