Assists

Our top assists this season:

Wilson - 14
    Ojo - 7
    Ralls - 6
    Murphy - 4
    Pack, Vaulks - 3
    Bennett, Hoilett, Ng, Morrison - 2

Which begs the question on Saturday why McCarthy went with an attacking midfield duo that have 1 assist for us between them?

Re: Assists

Ah but you see, Bacuna gets lots of assists in training which is what really matters

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Wilson - 14
    Ojo - 7
    Ralls - 6
    Murphy - 4
    Pack, Vaulks - 3

Which begs the question on Saturday why McCarthy went with an attacking midfield duo that have 1 assist for us between them?
    Where are you getting those numbers from? none of my usual sources (fbref, whoscored, transfermarkt) seem to agree.

Thy all hav Wilson on 9 or 10 assists

Wilson - 14
    Ojo - 7
    Ralls - 6
    Murphy - 4
    Pack, Vaulks - 3

As much as a shit show it was. Can't Relly compare Williams as hasn't been on the pitch and bacuna who has spent most of the season at right back.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    As much as a shit show it was. Can't Relly compare Williams as hasn't been on the pitch and bacuna who has spent most of the season at right back.
    On the other hand, Wilson is a proven top attacking player t this level, and Bacuna isn't. even at right back he offered very little going forward Perry Ng already has more assists than him from that area of the pitch.

We have a handful of games of Wilson left this season and we gave him about 20 minutes. We probably won't see a player of his calibre here for a few years after this season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Where are you getting those numbers from? none of my usual sources (fbref, whoscored, transfermarkt) seem to agree.

Thy all hav Wilson on 9 or 10 assists
    Whoscored have a tally of 9 but when you add up crosses, corners, freekicks, throughballs and other, it equals 14.

It appears that whoscored don't include corners when they tally up assists, unless they include them as crosses as well, which doesn't make sense. I also thought they don't include free kickcs in their tally as well, yet Ng has 2 assists, 1 from a fk, while Wilson's assist from a free kick doesn't appear in his tally if corners aren't included either.

On the other hand, Wilson is a proven top attacking player t this level, and Bacuna isn't. even at right back he offered very little going forward Perry Ng already has more assists than him from that area of the pitch.

We have a handful of games of Wilson left this season and we gave him about 20 minutes. We probably won't see a player of his calibre here for a few years after this season
    Absolutely right. Bacuna is our least effective midfielder in terms of attacking contribution.

Whoscored have a tally of 9 but when you add up crosses, corners, freekicks, throughballs and other, it equals 14.

It appears that whoscored don't include corners when they tally up assists, unless they include them as crosses as well, which doesn't make sense. I also thought they don't include free kickcs in their tally as well, yet Ng has 2 assists, 1 from a fk, while Wilson's assist from a free kick doesn't appear in his tally if corners aren't included either.
    is there some double counting going on there ? like are corners also crosses?

is there some double counting going on there ? like are corners also crosses?
    That's what I guessed, but it wouldn't make sense to do that without clarification. Whoscored - Whoknows?

That's what I guessed, but it wouldn't make sense to do that without clarification. Whoscored - Whoknows?
    if you look at the individual games there are only 9

if I hear any more of this assists American Football sky sports bollocks I am going to be handing out a few leatherings

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    if I hear any more of this assists American Football sky sports bollocks I am going to be handing out a few leatherings
    Get with the times grandad, it's all about pre-assists, xTContribution, XGchain these days

Its a strange one pity we cant get a direct answer form Mick and the club to why ,something les must be going on . or he though we would win without him and was resting him for the bigger battles ahead with Brentford and Reading considering his game time with us and Wales , I note a lot were suggesting Moore needed a rest ?