+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin close to full fitness

Tomlin close to full fitness

Re: Tomlin close to full fitness

Return of the hero Part 36

Can't see MM playing him tbh.

Is that a recent picture of Lee Tomlin plus 2 stones?

Which year will he be ready? Probably the end of next season when he has to get another mug club to give him a contract. I can see us pulling out all the stops to offload him this summer. He'd probably do a good job for Grimsby, or Weymouth.

Why on earth did we give him a two year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why on earth did we give him a two year deal?
    Er, when I asked this exact same question a while back, lots of people on here seemed genuinely surprised.....

One of the sentiments was that the club HAD to (it is news to me that the player determines what the club HAS to do contract wise) as he had made a very strong contribution in getting the club to the plays off with a series of very good performances, scoring quite a few goals and making plenty of assists.

Apparently he played in game v Exeter today. Cant find any reference to it.

It's only injuries that have enabled his career to last this long....

MM is never going to let him play. If he leaves Harry Wilson out for that clown he bought from Charlton Tomlin's got no chance .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Er, when I asked this exact same question a while back, lots of people on here seemed genuinely surprised.....

One of the sentiments was that the club HAD to (it is news to me that the player determines what the club HAS to do contract wise) as he had made a very strong contribution in getting the club to the plays off with a series of very good performances, scoring quite a few goals and making plenty of assists.
    Seems you were the sensible one , to be fair we were warned from his previous clubs ,when it comes close to contract renewal he's a different lad , post contract signing ????

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    MM is never going to let him play. If he leaves Harry Wilson out for that clown he bought from Charlton Tomlin's got no chance .
    Dont think he is a clown, he is industrious, but not that skifull, as to Wilson something is not right he should be a nailed on pick ,is it attitude in training , fitness or behavioural issues ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dont think he is a clown, he is industrious, but not that skifull, as to Wilson something is not right he should be a nailed on pick ,is it attitude in training , fitness or behavioural issues ??
    Wilson to me looks like a spoiled brat that probably has attitude problems.
    No doubt wants special treatment and Mick won't put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Wilson to me looks like a spoiled brat that probably has attitude problems.
    No doubt wants special treatment and Mick won't put up with it.
    Probably p*ssed off he has to play with a bunch of cloggers who can't pass the ball 5 yards

Probably p*ssed off he has to play with a bunch of cloggers who can't pass the ball 5 yards
    Think that's a fair point, I'm sure Wilson didn't realise what he was letting himself in for when he chose to come here.

Probably harsh to call him names, he’s probably a nice man, but he’s no good at all at football . He’s perpetually injured and he couldn’t get into a third division team. He can’t keep up at this level and I’m completely mystified why we brought him here.

If he’s an important part of your attack and Aden Flint is the general of your defence then that’s why you’ll lose 5-0.

Without a total overhaul we’re on our way to the lower divisions for a decade.

Probably harsh to call him names, he’s probably a nice man, but he’s no good at all at football . He’s perpetually injured and he couldn’t get into a third division team. He can’t keep up at this level and I’m completely mystified why we brought him here.

If he’s an important part of your attack and Aden Flint is the general of your defence then that’s why you’ll lose 5-0.

Tend to agree. Overall, bit by bit the squad has become weaker and weaker. Our 'quality' players, Hoillet, Murphy, Tomlin, Wilson, rarely put in a decent shift, and whilst it's nice to see players coming through from the under 23's, they've got a long way to go before they can start improving this poor squad.

International

When I said he was a waste of space and money, and that he'd only got fit for his contract renewal everybody piled on me like I was insane.
    Seems a few have seen the light at last.
    Bascially he is just an idle cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's only injuries that have enabled his career to last this long....

Perversely, that's indeed the truth of the matter.

I'm wondering if there is a clause in Wilson's loan agreement that limits the number of minutes he can play.

God knows whats going to happen to the 16 teams that are below us in the table currently then.