+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shambles

Shambles

Too many things to list.
    Cumulative daft team selections and inclusions and a gradual abandonment of clear tactics into a general optimism that we could wing it somehow on a regular basis.
    I think it’ll take a very long time and some drastic changes to put this right and I don’t expect that to happen for at least a year UNLESS Mr Tan and the board step in quickly and take the necessary steps at an early stage rather than wait until this gets worse.

They should have done that after the debacle at QPR and they should do it now. Scores like 5-0 against a team like that exceed the acceptance low, bad luck or poor form. It’s just not acceptable.

Re: Shambles

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Too many things to list.
    Cumulative daft team selections and inclusions and a gradual abandonment of clear tactics into a general optimism that we could wing it somehow on a regular basis.
    I think it’ll take a very long time and some drastic changes to put this right and I don’t expect that to happen for at least a year UNLESS Mr Tan and the board step in quickly and take the necessary steps at an early stage rather than wait until this gets worse.

They should have done that after the debacle at QPR and they should do it now. Scores like 5-0 against a team like that exceed the acceptance low, bad luck or poor form. It’s just not acceptable.
    Also maybe 3 of our four defenders out

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Also maybe 3 of our four defenders out
    Yes, let's not forget that Sang and Brown have played less than half a dozen EFl games. Ralls at left back and Morrison out. So the reasons are there but still a shocking performance with no midfield, no wide players and a knackered striker.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes, let's not forget that Sang and Brown have played less than half a dozen EFl games. Ralls at left back and Morrison out. So the reasons are there but still a shocking performance with no midfield, no wide players and a knackered striker.
    I can't believe Mick can't see this. I know the other options aren't up to the same standard, but running Moore into the ground will do nobody any favours

You simply can’t have this many learners in a championship team. You can’t play Joe Ralls at wing back and you certainly can’t think you can build a defence around a centre back who’s ok on a good day but has past history of one complete meltdown at QPR which led to a humiliation- that’s why he never played for us again until MM arrived.
    He’s repeating exactly the same pattern as NH, thinking he can let them make it up as the go along even if he chucks a few reserves in there and plays people out of position. Very talented players so they’ll sometimes have a good run pretty much on their own but without exact and controlled systems they might also do the opposites.
    This is a big problem .