+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: THE WAY I SEE IT

THE WAY I SEE IT

Mick was brought into steer us away from relegation.
    He did that and took us on an unbeaten run to within touching distance of the play offs.
    The squad Mick inherited was the shambles that Warnock left behind that Harris had improved but just couldn't do a great deal with last going off.
    Mick or whoever we had brought in would have their work cut out with the players we have here.
    Hardly any flair players hardly any players that can pass a ball without taking two minutes to contol it.
    It will take a season or two of buying and selling to clear out and change the Warnock built squad so i think fans need to be patient.
    Remember Mick was brought in to get us away from relegation being so close to the play offs was a bonus which we shouldn't hold against him if we don't make them.
    Only when he's had a transfer window or two should he be fairly judged.

Re: THE WAY I SEE IT

We don’t know but we could be working with serious financial constraints over the next couple of seasons.
    MM maybe the best man to keep our heads above water during this time - he could be here to do the same job he did at Ipswich?
    They bemoaned the brand of football that was being played, but he had no money to work with.
    He left they got relegated and now facing a 3rd season in the 3rd division.
    He didn’t leave them in a bad way, it just highlighted the kind of job he was doing and his CV puts him on our radar whether we like it or not this could be where we are at as a club at present.

we were never in realistic danger of relegation, and if he was just a steady hand to bring in then why sign him up for 2 years

I didn’t for 1 moment think we were in danger this season either.

However I’m concerned about next season - hence it makes sense.
    The club won’t openly come out with that, just the kind of turnaround he had so quick made it easier for the club in that moment to announce him for the mid term.

I likd to think he had 2 targets for the remainder of this season. Firstly, to steer us clear of the relegation zone- job done. Secondly, explore the quality of the squad including the fringe/under 23s with a view to reviewing each players future at the end of the season. Hes got the remaining games to continue this task.

Great response 👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we were never in realistic danger of relegation, and if he was just a steady hand to bring in then why sign him up for 2 years
    Our position in the table and the way the team was playing says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Our position in the table and the way the team was playing says otherwise.
    I agree we were looking over our shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Mick was brought into steer us away from relegation.
    He did that and took us on an unbeaten run to within touching distance of the play offs.
    The squad Mick inherited was the shambles that Warnock left behind that Harris had improved but just couldn't do a great deal with last going off.
    Mick or whoever we had brought in would have their work cut out with the players we have here.
    Hardly any flair players hardly any players that can pass a ball without taking two minutes to contol it.
    It will take a season or two of buying and selling to clear out and change the Warnock built squad so i think fans need to be patient.
    Remember Mick was brought in to get us away from relegation being so close to the play offs was a bonus which we shouldn't hold against him if we don't make them.
    Only when he's had a transfer window or two should he be fairly judged.
    We have a few decent defenders, no midfield and a decent striker. We need about 6 decent players

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I agree we were looking over our shoulders.
    The way I see it is Mick needs to play as many fringe players (including youth) over the final 6 matches.
    At least he will have a much clearer idea of what he needs in the summer.
    I hope we don’t see the same starting eleven over the next 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I disagree with you there! We were headed for the bottom three most definitely under Harris. We were outfought and out thought by a very poor Wycombe side, who haven't spent a fraction on players compared to what we had. That is when I could see relegation was on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We have a few decent defenders, no midfield and a decent striker. We need about 6 decent players
    Yep! That's the way I see it as well, along with two decent goal keepers. The midfielders we have at the moment are good enough as squad players, but that is all

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The way I see it is Mick needs to play as many fringe players (including youth) over the final 6 matches.
    At least he will have a much clearer idea of what he needs in the summer.
    I hope we don’t see the same starting eleven over the next 2 games
    Until the play offs are impossible i'd like to think we will put out our strongest team out. What team that is i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I didn’t for 1 moment think we were in danger this season either.

However I’m concerned about next season - hence it makes sense.
    The club won’t openly come out with that, just the kind of turnaround he had so quick made it easier for the club in that moment to announce him for the mid term.
    I also think we’ve got problems next season. I think we could go.

Few players that bit older. One or two to leave - maybe Morrison? Wilson and Ojo gone.