+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Euro 2021 crowd information for each stadium

Euro 2021 crowd information for each stadium

The deadline for the 12 host cities of Euro 2020 to announce their plans for fan attendance has passed

Host associations had been asked to submit plans to accept fans by 7 April.

London, Glasgow, Dublin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, St Petersburg, Bilbao, Munich, Budapest, Baku, Rome and Bucharest are all due to host matches.

Uefa are expected to make a final decision on host cities at an executive committee meeting on 19 April.

London, England

Wembley, with a capacity of 90,000, is set to host the final on 11 July among its seven games - along with both semi-finals, one last-16 game, and all three of England's group games.

The British government has said up to 10,000 spectators will be permitted inside English grounds from mid-May, and unlimited numbers from 21 June.

However, BBC Sport understands the English FA has told Uefa it hopes Wembley will be able to host about 20,000 fans for the group games (the number allowed for the FA Cup final in May), and many more for the knock-out matches.

The FA has said it is prepared to host any additional games that cannot take place elsewhere, having already picked up extra matches originally allocated to Brussels.

Glasgow, Scotland

There were concerns that a failure to confirm fan numbers might result in Glasgow being removed as a host city, although First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said last month she remained hopeful Hampden Park would stage Euro 2020 matches this summer.

On Wednesday, the Scottish government gave approval for 12,000 supporters to attend games at Hampden in June.

That is 25% of Glasgow's 51,000-capacity stadium, where three group games - including Scotland's Group D fixtures against the Czech Republic and Croatia - and one last-16 game will be played.

Dublin, Republic of Ireland

There are growing fears that Dublin may not be able to host Euro 2020 games, after the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) told Uefa it cannot provide assurances on minimum spectator numbers.

The FAI, acting on Covid-19 guidance from the Irish government, said "the matter will be kept under review", although it previously admitted it would only remain a host venue if it could guarantee fans would be permitted at games.

Dublin's Aviva Stadium is due to stage four games - three group games and one last-16 tie.

Amsterdam, Netherlands

At least 12,000 spectators will be able to attend matches in Amsterdam, The Royal Netherlands Football Association (KNVB) has confirmed.

The Johan Cruyff Arena, which can hold 54,000 fans, will stage three group games and one last-16 game.

"Depending on developments surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic in June, there is a chance that more fans will be allowed inside the stadium," the KNVB said.

Copenhagen, Denmark

Denmark will allow "at least 11,000 to 12,000" fans to attend Euro 2020 matches at Copenhagen's 38,000-capacity Parken Stadium, which is set to stage three group games and one last-16 game.

The Danish culture ministry said: "We will look at whether there can be even more spectators in the Parken if health conditions allow.

"It may be necessary to close to spectators if there is a spread of infection, so it will be unjustifiable from a health point of view to allow spectators to the matches."

St Petersburg, Russia

Russia expects to allow fans to attend the four games it is hosting at the 68,000-capacity Krestovsky Stadium in St Petersburg, which will host a quarter-final in addition to three group games.

The Russian committee's director Alexei Sorokin said he believed matches could be played "with the minimum of possible restrictions".

"We already have an agreement to fill the stands to 50% capacity," Sorokin said. "We are working to welcome foreign supporters and this has not been rejected by the authorities."

Bilbao, Spain

Bilbao had initially said it was ready to stage Euro 2020 games at the San Mames stadium at 25% capacity (about 13,000 supporters), as long as coronavirus rates dropped to levels accepted by the regional health authorities.

However, the Spanish football federation said in a statement on Wednesday that the Basque government's conditions were "impossible to meet" in time for the start of tournament on 11 June and it would therefore be unable to hold matches with spectators.

Munich, Germany

Germany are yet to give an indication of the number of fans that could be permitted, following a rise in coronavirus case numbers in the country.

The Allianz Arena, home to German champions Bayern Munich, has a capacity of 70,000 and is due to host three group games and a quarter-final.

Budapest, Hungary

Budapest's 68,000-seat Puskas Arena welcomed 15,180 fans for Bayern Munich's Uefa Super Cup victory over Sevilla in September.

Hungary are yet to make their plans to welcome supporters for three group games and one last-16 game public, but ticketing information will be announced next week.

"We want, if the epidemiological situation allows, as many fans as possible to watch the matches in the Puskas Arena, with maximum compliance with safety and epidemiological regulations," a Hungarian FA spokesman said.

Baku, Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan's football association (AFFA) will allow the country's Olympic Stadium in Baku, which can hold 69,000 fans, to be filled to 50% capacity for its three group games and one quarter-final.

While the Azerbaijan Grand Prix from 4-6 June will be held behind closed doors, supporters from overseas will be allowed to attend Euro 2020 matches in the country if requirements for a visa and Covid-19 mitigation are met.

Wales will play two of their Group A matches, against Switzerland and Turkey, in Baku.

Rome, Italy
    The tournament is due to begin in Rome on 11 June, as Italy face Turkey at Rome's Olympic Stadium.

According to the Italian federation (FIGC), the government "will identify the best solutions" to allow fans to attend its three group games and one quarter-final.

The FIGC say Rome will welcome spectators, though the number of fans who will be permitted has not yet been specified.

Bucharest, Romania

The Romanian Government plans to welcome 13,000 spectators at the National Arena in Bucharest.

Set to stage a senior men's major international tournament for the first time, Romania's 54,000-capacity stadium is to host three group games and one last-16 game.

Minister for sport Eduard Novak said: "We have the historical chance to be part of a large sporting event and to demonstrate that we can honour our obligations to the highest standards of organization and health safety."

Re: Euro 2021 crowd information for each stadium

with the current wave hitting europe and the slow vaccines, surely this will be put back another year

a tournament without ( or with a few ) fans just seems pointless

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    with the current wave hitting europe and the slow vaccines, surely this will be put back another year

That doesn't seem to be in their thinking.

If you have tickets and want a refund the portal is currently open

https://support.tickets-euro2020.uef...or-my-tickets-

The Ticket Return Portal is currently open and will close on Monday, 19 April 2021, 18:00 CEST.

If you cannot attend the tournament, please return your ticket(s) by following the steps described in the below FAQ:

After 19 April 2021 at 18:00 CEST, when the Ticket Return Portal closes, there will be no further ticket return phase for UEFA EURO 2020.

However, in situations where:

• a reduction of stadium capacity may occur
    • a match may be played behind closed doors
    • a match may be cancelled

and that UEFA informs you that due to one of the above-mentioned reasons your ticket(s) is/are not valid anymore, you shall be entitled to a refund of the face value of your ticket(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That doesn't seem to be in their thinking.
    just seems crazy to me, though the money men will be pulling some strings i guess

If Dublin withdraws and their games are switched to Wembley, then England will be at home for every game.With no away supporters, they must be considered favourites?

I honestly don't see how some of these countries are even remotely considering large gatherings. I assume its a game of chicken and most are hoping uefa either cancel or move to a single host rather than be honest like Dublin.

UEFA already returned my money in what was a very painless procedure

Cardiff could host instead I guess?

A football tournament throughout Europe in a global pandemic.

I hope they know what they are doing.

I see the British Lions are touring South Africa as well.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cardiff could host instead I guess?
    In normal times it would be great.

Glad we havent got any games.

First Team

I had tickets for all the England group games and a semi final one.

The refund application has been submitted as I am sceptical that the thing will go ahead, especially with the so called third wave to come to the UK, and more importantly I have little faith in my fellow supporters and the organisers to actually implement any effective social distancing.

Hopefully, my concerns are unwarranted but I have made a personal decision to watch from the comfort and safety of my armchair.

A side benefit is that I no longer get the death stare from the Mrs over the cost of the tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

A side benefit is that I no longer get the death stare from the Mrs over the cost of the tickets.
    Managed to slip through the payment unnoticed, got busted on the refund!

But what depresses me so much is some experts claim there could be a fresh Covid outbreak come July or August.

Crazy. The elephant in the room.

Fair play to Spain coming clean.

35,000 fans allowed in Baku.
    Can't see many fans travelling nor a welcoming party at Rhoose for the ones that do on their return.

Ebay ticketing gonna be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

World Cup year next year, I know its in the winter but still. Why would it be pointless with no fans? As a spectacle it's not what it was but we have had football here without fans for over a year.

I was shocked they didn't change the format, have it in one country, but when money is involved common sense doesn't come into it.

Still got a pair of tickets for Italy in Rome.
    Vague info on that.

Reduced capacity could also be looking at games with only corporates there and no actual supporter allocation.
    If I am lucky to get allowed to go to the game it could be as a singleton.

What provisions are in place for a refund if that be the case?
    Or if we can attend and the UK/Welsh government place and unrealistic restriction on travel/quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    World Cup year next year, I know its in the winter but still. Why would it be pointless with no fans? As a spectacle it's not what it was but we have had football here without fans for over a year.

I was shocked they didn't change the format, have it in one country, but when money is involved common sense doesn't come into it.
    i am of the opinion that this last years football hasnt really mattered, for me the crowds make the the game, last winter when we could, i enjoyed local non-league football ( with a few fans ) than watching city games with no one at the ground, even the old man and his dog watching and shouting a little encouragement was better than nothing

This may be a stupid idea, but I think a EURO's 'festival' had the potential to be really cool.

A bit like UFC did with fight island, find a small island and set up a 4 week festival, access onto the private island is with multiple negative test only.
    Every country, goes, selected amount of media and film crews invited and each country has a lottery for 150 fans or something to attend, temp pitches and stands can be built as no big stands required.

And everyone can just have a really fun 4 weeks with no restriction on the island because they know everyone is negative, sun booze, food and beaches.

Obviously it would mean we wouldn't be able to go, but it would be to cool watch they could do loads of media with the fans on the island soccer AM style every day would be good to watch I think, Like a football version of reality tv.

In terms of fixtures they did a similar setup with the champions league last year, multiple games a day and it worked really well.

Plus you will have approx. 8,250 permanent spectators available to go to each game from all different countries so atmosphere at the game would be good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    In normal times it would be great.

Glad we havent got any games.
    If we took over from Rome for ie, we’d have two home games would we? Italy can’t host they are up to 20,000 cases a day and rising, not vaccinating enough either.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If we took over from Rome for ie, we’d have two home games would we? Italy can’t host they are up to 20,000 cases a day and rising, not vaccinating enough either.
    Rome is currently Orange, everything is closed apart from food shops. All signs pointing to them entering Red. There is absolutely zero chance of fans being able to go.

Some fella on the radio was saying people need to start thinking about 2025 as a serious and realistic date for things going back to how they used to be. Can't see Spain (where i'm based) seeing any improvements this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    This may be a stupid idea, but I think a EURO's 'festival' had the potential to be really cool.

A bit like UFC did with fight island, find a small island and set up a 4 week festival, access onto the private island is with multiple negative test only.
    Every country, goes, selected amount of media and film crews invited and each country has a lottery for 150 fans or something to attend, temp pitches and stands can be built as no big stands required.

And everyone can just have a really fun 4 weeks with no restriction on the island because they know everyone is negative, sun booze, food and beaches.

Obviously it would mean we wouldn't be able to go, but it would be to cool watch they could do loads of media with the fans on the island soccer AM style every day would be good to watch I think, Like a football version of reality tv.

In terms of fixtures they did a similar setup with the champions league last year, multiple games a day and it worked really well.

Plus you will have approx. 8,250 permanent spectators available to go to each game from all different countries so atmosphere at the game would be good fun.
    One minor question, would the Island have white plastic patio chairs ? ? ?

If so, As long as a % of the spectators could throw them at each other, you might have a cracking idea

Euro 2020: Wales fans get Baku go-ahead as four venues granted extra time

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ted-extra-time