+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GAVIN WHYTE

GAVIN WHYTE

Speaking to a Hull City fan earlier he told me Gavin Whyte has been brilliant for them and believes he will get better.
    I know it's league one but if he's doing well i wonder City will sell him to Hull if they get promoted or will Mick want to have a look at him?

Re: GAVIN WHYTE

Think he had a decent run under Warnock however that was a struggling side , loved his efforts , he was progressing but not in a spectacular way , difficult one as each team plays differently to players strengths and weaknesses and Div 1 is a big gap to the top end of the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think he had a decent run under Warnock however that was a struggling side , loved his efforts , he was progressing but not in a spectacular way , difficult one as each team plays differently to players strengths and weaknesses and Div 1 is a big gap to the top end of the Championship
    23 years old and a bit raw at championship level so maybe loaning him back to Hull if they get promoted or and lower championship side to see how he progresses. Or move Murphy on and use Whyte as a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perry Ng.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Speaking to a Hull City fan earlier he told me Gavin Whyte has been brilliant for them and believes he will get better.
    I know it's league one but if he's doing well i wonder City will sell him to Hull if they get promoted or will Mick want to have a look at him?
    Every club he's been at before have loved him - for whatever reason he never clicked here but I still think he's capable.

He certainly deserves a chance. And we'll have a squad next season that will be cheaper to run. Assuming of course he's not on Warnock type wages!! If he is we'll sell and stick with the cheap Jonny Williams version.

Crap as a winger. Maybe will be able to do the wing back duties but I’ve seen him play a few different positions for Hull (none are full/wing back from what I saw)

If he makes it here I will be equally glad and baffled

23 years old and a bit raw at championship level so maybe loaning him back to Hull if they get promoted or and lower championship side to see how he progresses. Or move Murphy on and use Whyte as a squad player.
    He’s 25

People are bemoaning our lack of quality, Whyte doesn't bring us any quality.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s 25
    Ageing by the minute

I think we should sell him to Hull.

To me Whyte looked more like a full back or wing back than a winger.

Maybe it was the set-up when he was here but I hardly seen him take a man on and cross a ball.

The other clubs he's been at talk about his pace, but I didn't see much pace to be honest, certainly not in any attacking sense.

I think the club will sell him,

I was excited when we signed him. I remember him playing against Shrewsbuy for Oxford the season before we signed him. Oxford were 1-0 down and had a player sent off so they decided to play Whyte on his own up front. He scored a hat trick and Oxford won the game 3-2. Thought we maybe had a future star. Warnock seemed to use him as a sort of auxiliary full back and nothing was seen of him as an attacking force. Reckon Warnock set back his career by using him wrongly and it's now being rectified by a different manager playing him in his best position. Don't think he will ever be a great player at championship level but he could be a good one.

He was absolutely useless for us

Didnt see him effect one game for us. League 1 is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didnt see him effect one game for us. League 1 is his level.
    Don't be so nasty.

He looked a bit like a headless chicken when I saw him - lots of huffing and puffing, but little to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    He looked a bit like a headless chicken when I saw him - lots of huffing and puffing, but little to show for it.
    You could be talking about most of the team

Great to see him get a run of games, who knows if MM would trust him at wingback, his selection seems random.