+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Birmingham have joined now.

Perhaps footballers as a community should find a different behaviour away from these platforms if they contain such appalling content , I guess they knew that these environments existed before joining.

One of the Swansea lads suggested a more robust sign up procedure giving official names and addresses so one could report the hatred more effectively, the weakness of these platforms is the anonymity they provide for faceless cowards .

Re: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Birmingham have joined now.

Perhaps footballers as a community should find a different behaviour away from these platforms if they contain such appalling content , I guess they knew that these environments existed before joining.

One of the Swansea lads suggested a more robust sign up procedure giving official names and addresses so one could report the hatred more effectively, the weakness of these platforms is the anonymity they provide for faceless cowards .
    Sounds like victim blaming to me. Social media in general is key for this generation of players to help engagement with fans and also promote sponsors they may have. Why should players avoid twitter because people are being racist? Surely you should be questioning what can these social media companies do to eradicate abuse?