+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacks Using Turmeric

Jacks Using Turmeric

I was just listening to the When Saturday Comes podcast and they mentioned that Swansea City have an official Turmeric supplier. Apparently the supplier is owned by none other than Hal Robson Kanu! So I asked myself WTF are they doing with it? Then I came across this article https://www.yourhealthyliving.co.uk/...al-robson-kanu

Do we need to get some of this stuff pronto especially with our current injury record?

Re: Jacks Using Turmeric

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was just listening to the When Saturday Comes podcast and they mentioned that Swansea City have an official Turmeric supplier. Apparently the supplier is owned by none other than Hal Robson Kanu! So I asked myself WTF are they doing with it? Then I came across this article https://www.yourhealthyliving.co.uk/...al-robson-kanu

Do we need to get some of this stuff pronto especially with our current injury record?
    I used to take turmeric on a tablespoon, mixed with a drop or two of olive oil. Doesn't taste great, but is powerful and as that article states, you need to mix it with piperine to get the full benefit. It just coincided with a period when I gave up alcohol, joined a gym, and wanted to really go the whole hog and improve my health as best as I could. So I did some online research and came across Turmeric. It is widely available from supermarkets, it's cheap also - I think I got the piperine from just grinding fresh black pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I used to take turmeric on a tablespoon, mixed with a drop or two of olive oil. Doesn't taste great, but is powerful and as that article states, you need to mix it with piperine to get the full benefit. It just coincided with a period when I gave up alcohol, joined a gym, and wanted to really go the whole hog and improve my health as best as I could. So I did some online research and came across Turmeric. It is widely available from supermarkets, it's cheap also - I think I got the piperine from just grinding fresh black pepper.
    I'm really impressed with the article and what he's set up. As someone who has significant neurological problems it's interesting to read about proprioception because as it stands, there are no further medical treatments for me, so I'm trying hard to change all aspects of my diet and add as many supplements as possible. Thanks for your feedback as this one has fallen under the radar for me so I'll definitely be giving it a try.

I just hope he starts supplying CCFC too!

Works as an anti inflammatory but I took it for while and it made no difference to my aches and pains after playing sports

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Works as an anti inflammatory but I took it for while and it made no difference to my aches and pains after playing sports
    Did you make sure to mix it with piperine, worthless on its own?

Did you make sure to mix it with piperine, worthless on its own?
    No just bought a tub of tablets, would they be in them already? I’ve never heard of piperine

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No just bought a tub of tablets, would they be in them already? I’ve never heard of piperine
    That I couldn't say. It might say on the packaging that piperine is an ingredient, but I'm sure I read that grinding peppercorn was by far the best way.

That I couldn't say. It might say on the packaging that piperine is an ingredient, but I'm sure I read that grinding peppercorn was by far the best way.
    Just found these on Amazon and they contain Black Pepper https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JH0N7...v_ov_lig_dp_it

The thing's you learn on here! Thanks to Citizen's Nephew for starting this thread - I'll be having turmeric, ground pepper corn and olive oil with my salad tonight .

sounds great

Any scientific evidence ?

My Chinese friend swears by tiger balm for aches and pains but apparently it just heats up the skin and that diverts you away from the pain by distracting your mind

No better than tesco heat rub

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    sounds great

My Chinese friend swears by tiger balm for aches and pains but apparently it just heats up the skin and that diverts you away from the pain by distracting your mind

There is some scientific evidence it can have an anti-inflammatory effect.

So can a couple of ibuprofen tablets though

There is little evidence it does much else.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

sounds great

Suggested advice. Whichever you use DO NOT go for a pee, or scratch your rear end, without thoroughly cleaning your hands first.

That tiger balm burns !

sounds great

Get some on your kebab. Av it!

A Turmeric sponsor?

Long thyme cumin

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just found these on Amazon and they contain Black Pepper https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JH0N7...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Black pepper is often added to a lot of vitamins as it assists in the absorption of essential nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A Turmeric sponsor?

Long thyme cumin
    That is both funny and clever 🤣

I knackered the my tendons and cartilage in my knees two years ago. The culmination of doing a lot of walking over the years, particularly that summer (2019) as I spent a fortnight in Cornwall walking the south west coastal path during the two weeks. I'm not getting any younger, I was 60 at the time. Dr referred me to the hospital for physio, but they were unable to offer me any due to the start of lockdown, so I tried tumeric tablets, mixed with black pepper, after a friend recommend them as he had the same through jogging after many years. I bought them online on Ebay and they definitely helped me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Get some on your kebab. Av it!
    chilli onions from olympus kebab house in Bridgend kills all before it

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Suggested advice. Whichever you use DO NOT go for a pee, or scratch your rear end, without thoroughly cleaning your hands first.

That tiger balm burns !
    that sounds quite a turn on

A Turmeric sponsor?

Long thyme cumin
    Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There is some scientific evidence it can have an anti-inflammatory effect.

So can a couple of ibuprofen tablets though

There is little evidence it does much else.
    I think the point being made is that turmeric is a natural remedy not a chemical one.

Taking ibuprofen long term is bad and I know people who won't even take paracetamol for a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That is both funny and clever 🤣
    I did chuckle too.

Robson-Kanu is also one of the people behind "Sports Ledger" which is a "Revolutionary sports data analytics platform built using Blockchain. Aggregated data using AI and Machine Learning" according to it's Twitter blurb. Fancies himself as a bit of an entrepreneur.

Wether any of his business ventures will be as successful as Rudy Gestede's energy drink No Limit remains to be seen.

A Turmeric sponsor?

Long thyme cumin
    The theory on turmeric is peppered with inconsistencies. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The theory on turmeric is peppered with inconsistencies. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
    HRK won't care, he's minted.