+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six matches left? Is it time to give other players a chance.

Six matches left? Is it time to give other players a chance.

Tomlin, Colwell, Watters, U23 players,

Re: Six matches left? Is it time to give other players a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Tomlin, Colwell, Watters, U23 players,
    Yes. Give them all game time. Keep Moore fresh for the Euros. Couldn't care less if we lose our next 6 if the kids get time on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Give them all game time. Keep Moore fresh for the Euros. Couldn't care less if we lose our next 6 if the kids get time on the pitch.
    Agree. We ain't
    going up, and we ain't going down.
    What better time to give them a chance..

play our strongest team in every game and finish as high as we can

If we play the youngsters and we lose MM will get it in the neck from the championship manager computer squad on here

Yes, best time to give them a chance

Tomlin deserves another chance he will be back strong after next season, as it'll be time to renew his contract

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    play our strongest team in every game and finish as high as we can

If we play the youngsters and we lose MM will get it in the neck from the championship manager computer squad on here
    We played our "strongest" team on Monday and got stuffed by a team that were bottom of the table at kick off. Our so called strongest team have played badly, and very boringly, since we won at Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We pay Moores wages.

Key player - he plays.

All for giving youngsters a chance but not to rest a player for international football.

In short yes.

We have seen what most of the squad can do. We will never have such a risk free period of football to blood youngsters in.

As touched on above I would give Kieffer Moore as long as he needs to feel fresh again. Nothing to do with Wales, he has been ineffective for us for quite a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Tomlin deserves another chance he will be back strong after next season, as it'll be time to renew his contract
    Oh you can almost guarantee it.

The club would be mugs to offer him a new contract. He is a grade A pi$$ taker.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We played our "strongest" team on Monday and got stuffed by a team that were bottom of the table at kick off. Our so called strongest team have played badly, and very boringly, since we won at Bournemouth.
    We played pretty well against Derby, which was also the last game we started with Joe Bennett and Perry Ng as our wing-backs. I don't think that is entirely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We played pretty well against Derby, which was also the last game we started with Joe Bennett and Perry Ng as our wing-backs. I don't think that is entirely coincidental.
    I think you could be right about the wing backs (although Sang’s done well I feel), but Derby made a stack of changes that night and were pretty awful - with the benefit of hindsight, I don’t think that win was as impressive as it seemed at the time,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you could be right about the wing backs (although Sang’s done well I feel), but Derby made a stack of changes that night and were pretty awful - with the benefit of hindsight, I don’t think that win was as impressive as it seemed at the time,
    We still played well though, especially in the first half before Bennett got injured. We haven't come close to that quality of performance since then.

I think we should play our strongest team until we cannot mathematically make the playoffs.

I certainly don't see the point in playing anyone who isn't going to be here next season. MM and TC should be looking at how they can use the players they will have next season to build a better team and establish where any transfers funds available are best spent.

We're not completely out of it though. 18 points to play for. If we lose our next game this post would make a lot more sense to me

Once it is no longer mathematically possible for us to make the play-offs, then fine. But until then, we should be looking to win all our games, and playing our strongest side.

has this club ever done that ? given youth a chance at the end of a season?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Agree entirely. Bennett gets some stick on here but since the wingback partnership of Ng and Bennett has disappeared, it is no coincidence that our overall form has slipped badly. Sang looks pretty good and I would gamble with him in midfield for 2-3 games.
    MM needs to fully understand the squad as a struggling City next season (around the position we were in when he arrived) will not be tolerated by the board or the fans.