+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

At least we might see some youngsters get a game now the playoffs are not realistic even if they are still mathematically possible

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How the hell were we so bad to let sheff weds ship 5 past us?
    That may answer your question.

Playing 5 defenders and we have conceded 8 goals in 3 games and in fairness Blackburn could have had a few more 2nd half. Useless at the back without Morrison

FT 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No more than they deserved it has to be said.
    I agree. Armstrong has played really well. Moore needed subbing at 65 minutes.

too many fresh laegs in 1 go and we caved in

fair doos to them they gambled and it paid off

Sheff wed losing 4-1 to QPR, that’s how good they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Sheff wed losing 4-1 to QPR, that’s how good they are!
    ...or that's how BAD city are.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    too many fresh laegs in 1 go and we caved in

fair doos to them they gambled and it paid off
    100% MM as bad as Harris when it comes to using the bench.

Very poor 2nd half. Should have won the game in the 1st.

Terrible 2nd half deserved F all 😠

I think we only did well 1st half because Rovers didn't turn-up 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I think we only did well 1st half because Rovers didn't turn-up 😠
    True. You can analyse tactics, use of substitutes, commitment etc., but in truth we're just not very good.

I think we are going to have to accecpt that McCarthy is not the slightest bit interested in youth development at the club. In a match that we effectively have nothin to play for hi only two subsistutions are two rather tired old war horses like Williams and Ralls. What is really annoying is for the first time in about 15 years we have some talented youth team players and won't play them.

McCarthy had a great start for us but the evidence of the last six or seven games suggests we will be in a serious relegation battle next season. No doubt at the press conference Blackburn will become a team of world beaters to rival mighty Sheffield Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    I think we are going to have to accecpt that McCarthy is not the slightest bit interested in youth development at the club. In a match that we effectively have nothin to play for hi only two subsistutions are two rather tired old war horses like Williams and Ralls. What is really annoying is for the first time in about 15 years we have some talented youth team players and won't play them.

McCarthy had a great start for us but the evidence of the last six or seven games suggests we will be in a serious relegation battle next season. No doubt at the press conference Blackburn will become a team of world beaters to rival mighty Sheffield Wednesday.
    No way did we have nothing to play for today. Definitely not the game to blood young players. Your criticism is totally unjustified anyway as McCarthy has already given league games to Sang, Colwill, Brown, Bagan since he has been here and had others on the bench on a number of occasions.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

It's not possible to play any more defenders - we're playing 5-4-1 as it is - yet we still concede.
    Phillips will be back in goal next week.

Phillips had done nothing to deserve getting dropped. I didn’t see the first goal but Smithies was down like a bag of cement for the 2nd. The little I saw, we barely deserved anything but I didn’t see the first half. Anything we seemed to have gained under MM looks utterly evaporated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Phillips had done nothing to deserve getting dropped. I didn’t see the first goal but Smithies was down like a bag of cement for the 2nd. The little I saw, we barely deserved anything but I didn’t see the first half. Anything we seemed to have gained under MM looks utterly evaporated.
    My guess is that MM is trying to move Smithies on and is "putting him in the shop window" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    My guess is that MM is trying to move Smithies on and is "putting him in the shop window" so to speak.
    was thinking exactly the same....

Shop window!!! I like Smithies but he'll be back in the stock room after today’s performance.

Smithies must really like it in Cardiff.

...so THAT was a player reaction to a 5-0 defeat......(shaking my head...)

The number of subs made is irrelevant. There's no back-up for the changes we need - we're lacking defenders and midfield is the big problem so unless you want to try Patten and Bowen and we'd be throwing them in for the sake of it. Ralls came on and scored so you can't really knock that. We still had half a chance before today but that's that now, so maybe we'll see someone else at 6 and 8.

Commentators scathing about the City defence for Blackburn’s second goal. At least the result ensures no embarrassing exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Jacks as we now won't make it into the top six (barring a melt down with the 5 teams above us!).

I think that Tom Sang is starting to get a bit exposed defensively at wing-back. He's not getting much help from our centre-backs though.