Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

I have no f@cks to give sorry Nicholas Witchell

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Don’t you mean “Lower”?
    I was looking at it from their point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    To b honest I am not sure if grown men who scream, shout, curse and sometimes cry, every Saturday at 22 overpaid prima donnas ( bit of hyperbole - they are not all that bad especially the lower down the leagues you go!) trying to knock a white (or yellow or whatever) leather( or whatever material) sphere into two 24ft by 8ft wooden framed nets have any right to criticise anyone else's mental or emotional state !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It's screwed up todays tv that's for sure.

It's going to be unbearable when Liz snuffs it.

Best we can hope for is getting best part of a week off work.
    At that point you'll have to deal with her death, Charles's coronation and William's investiture as Prince of Wales. All at the same time.

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    To b honest I am not sure if grown men who scream, shout, curse and sometimes cry, every Saturday at 22 overpaid prima donnas ( bit of hyperbole - they are not all that bad especially the lower down the leagues you go!) trying to knock a white (or yellow or whatever) leather( or whatever material) sphere into two 24ft by 8ft wooden framed nets have any right to criticise anyone else's mental or emotional state !!!!!!
    Quite right, thankfully, i don't do any of those things

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I have no f@cks to give sorry Nicholas Witchell
    Hes a cap doffing fawning clown

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why, only yesterday you were telling me how grown men can be so passionate about 11 players they don’t know personally, and how upset they can get if they started playing in different colour shirts.😂

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    the day lady di snuffed it I went round to my mates house and his girlfriend , who was an idiot , was sitting blabbing and crying watching the news , it was pathetic she was saying she was an angel, taken so young and all this crap . I told him to get rid of her .
    I remember that day well. I was trying to have a quiet pint and watch some sport on the telly when suddenly everything went haywire and we had channel by channel coverage of the same news! Does anyone need to tell them we got the message and we can't watch multiple channels at the same time? On top of that it pissed me off because they were harping on about a woman who died and gave minimal coverage to two poor blokes who also lost their lives, one by the way who was just an ordinary Joe without the benefit of oodles of cash!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why, only yesterday you were telling me how grown men can be so passionate about 11 players they don’t know personally, and how upset they can get if they started playing in different colour shirts.��

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I remember that day well. I was trying to have a quiet pint and watch some sport on the telly when suddenly everything went haywire and we had channel by channel coverage of the same news! Does anyone need to tell them we got the message and we can't watch multiple channels at the same time? On top of that it pissed me off because they were harping on about a woman who died and gave minimal coverage to two poor blokes who also lost their lives, one by the way who was just an ordinary Joe without the benefit of oodles of cash!
    Postponed the fuucking football on Sky due to her snuffing it. Completely ****ed up my Sunday in the pub. Had to listen to silly, emotional wankers crying about it and listened to Your Song by Elton at least 20 ****ing times.

****ing shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It was the couples hugging each other crying as though their six year old kid had been shot that alarmed me . I couldn't believe my eyes watching these people shed tears over someone who could have been a right bitch for all they knew

The Queen of hearts bollocks spouted by Blair

Groups of people getting their faces on telly outside the Palace, blubbing then turning on the TV cameras saying .......it was you ( the media ) that killed her !

No it was wreckless driving that killed her and it was the insatiable quest for NEWS about the royal family from idiots like YOU lot that meant news teams , cameramen , shitty royal magazines like ok and hello and dreadful people like royal correspondents like witchell, that jenny bond and experts yeah right like that penny junor and that ponce from the daily mail were kept in a pointless job that killed your princess you feck wits

Bunch of clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Postponed the fuucking football on Sky due to her snuffing it. Completely ****ed up my Sunday in the pub. Had to listen to silly, emotional wankers crying about it and listened to Your Song by Elton at least 20 ****ing times.

****ing shambles.
    Yes what a load of crap.

****ing shambles.
    Elton John with his stupid hat singing candle in the wind , he can feck off as well

Of course not

Neither do I!!!!!

Good to hear you were accepting of the colour change 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Good to hear you were accepting of the colour change ��
    I was right behind it.

I was right behind it.
    Good man 👍

Whatever your feelings about the Royal Family, there have been some shameful and disgustingly crass remarks in this thread tonight. The saying "What the heart thinks, the tongue speaks" comes to mind. I too dislike the mass public weeping and gnashing of teeth as we witnessed with the death of Princess Diana and the collosal waste of money spent on flowers which could have benefited many different charities and I will not be watching endless documentaries about the life of the Duke of Edinburgh. However I do have sympathy for a lady who has just lost her husband after 73 years of marriage. At the end of the day they are imperfect human beings just like the rest of us but just born into a particular family which thankfully I would suggest most of us should be very grateful that we were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Whatever your feelings about the Royal Family, there have been some shameful and disgustingly crass remarks in this thread tonight. The saying "What the heart thinks, the tongue speaks" comes to mind. I too dislike the mass public weeping and gnashing of teeth as we witnessed with the death of Princess Diana and the collosal waste of money spent on flowers which could have benefited many different charities and I will not be watching endless documentaries about the life of the Duke of Edinburgh. However I do have sympathy for a lady who has just lost her husband after 73 years of marriage. At the end of the day they are imperfect human beings just like the rest of us but just born into a particular family which thankfully I would suggest most of us should be very grateful that we were not.
    I share with you nearly all them emotional sentiments, then I remember we’re paying for the parasitical fuuckers nd loathe public money being wasted on lazy bastards.

I’m supposing I’m a Tory really hiding under a left wing facade?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It was the couples hugging each other crying as though their six year old kid had been shot that alarmed me . I couldn't believe my eyes watching these people shed tears over someone who could have been a right bitch for all they knew

The Queen of hearts bollocks spouted by Blair
    Tell us what you realy think!
    Groups of people getting their faces on telly outside the Palace, blubbing then turning on the TV cameras saying .......it was you ( the media ) that killed her !

No it was wreckless driving that killed her and it was the insatiable quest for NEWS about the royal family from idiots like YOU lot that meant news teams , cameramen , shitty royal magazines like ok and hello and dreadful people like royal correspondents like witchell, that jenny bond and experts yeah right like that penny junor and that ponce from the daily mail were kept in a pointless job that killed your princess you feck wits

Bunch of clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    I held back to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You think that's all??? you're way out.

I was driving a Merc Sprinter when the original news was broadcast. The BBC controls all the radio traffic in the UK and commercial stations pay to use it. Every single channel on the vehicle radio was locked. I could not even change the channel at all. It just wouldn't work.
    And the band information was showing DAB FM and AM all at once, it was being broadcast simultaneously on all of them.

It's quite scary when you realise that the government of the day could do that and broadcast information they want to drown you with at any moment they wanted, and you can't turn it off. 1984 is closer than we know.
    The channels were freed up sometime between 3 and 4 O'Clock.
    Is it the BBC doing it or the government? I lost track.

Looks like I missed all this. Good to come on CCMB for my news bulletins.
    Shame he missed out on the telegram from his wife.
    Anything else happen? Poland extended lockdown by another week!

I never knew there were so many Karens on this board.

I share with you nearly all them emotional sentiments, then I remember we’re paying for the parasitical fuuckers nd loathe public money being wasted on lazy bastards.

I’m supposing I’m a Tory really hiding under a left wing facade?
    Just be grateful that you were not born into that family I would say.