+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’m trying to find the laughing emoji but having trouble so have this llama instead! 🦙
    This is what’s needed on this sad day, every post deserves a llama

BBC4 were scheduled to show a France v England women's football international tonight. Even that's not being shown.

If you want to watch a screen telling you to watch the game on iPlayer then tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    It's you who has just associated yourself with that word
    Er no you put in in a response to my post and you pretty obviously intended it to refer to me or why reply to my post in that way

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How much more can be said about him? It’s been wall to wall coverage for hours and hours. Imagine what it’ll be like when his wife dies. Perhaps Harry’s wife can rest easy now the Queen Mother and the Duke’s gone.
    Putting it on BBC 1 and 2 is a bit OTT

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    the day old queenie dies is the day I move to Porthcawl

I will have to escape
    Same here. A long walk on the Quantocks will be called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Same here. A long walk on the Quantocks will be called for.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I did that once, on the way to Wigan and back, but fortunately someone else was driving!

You are a braver man than i Gungha Din !

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This is what’s needed on this sad day, every post deserves a llama
    Stop subtly begging for your own llama, it's unbecoming. You've got to earn 'em

People do die for ffs and 99 is a superb innings. I don't know what the fuss is all about. And as for the News Channels, I'd wager another 20,000 or so children have died in Africa today, any chance we can have a wall to wall tribute for them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    BBC4 were scheduled to show a France v England women's football international tonight. Even that's not being shown.

If you want to watch a screen telling you to watch the game on iPlayer then tune in.
    every cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    People do die for ffs and 99 is a superb innings. I don't know what the fuss is all about. And as for the News Channels, I'd wager another 20,000 or so children have died in Africa today, any chance we can have a wall to wall tribute for them?
    Odds are a couple of homeless people will have died today in the UK, and some kids, and quite a few young adults, plenty of older adults and a 99 year old prince who can choose which castle or palace he wishes to live in at any given time.

Someone i know took the train down to London to attend Thatchers funeral

There are some very odd people about

I mean friends and family is one thing

All that flower throwing and couples openly crying when lady di and her coffin went past

What the feck is all that about ?

Go for a walk , get a Chinese, go and watch the bluebirds , clean your car , give money to charity

But mourn the death of someone from a privileged background , in person , there on the spot ?

Either these people are potty or they just want to get on the news

Mad

Someone i know took the train down to London to attend Thatchers funeral

There are some very odd people about

I mean friends and family is one thing

All that flower throwing and couples openly crying when lady di and her coffin went past

What the feck is all that about ?

Go for a walk , get a Chinese, go and watch the bluebirds , clean your car , give money to charity

But mourn the death of someone from a privileged background , in person , there on the spot ?

Either these people are potty or they just want to get on the news

Mad
    There was a stupid woman crying on an interview, did you know him, stupid person

Racist prick heading a racist institution - glad he's gone
    Oooh you're hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    There was a stupid woman crying on an interview, did you know him, stupid person
    the day lady di snuffed it I went round to my mates house and his girlfriend , who was an idiot , was sitting blabbing and crying watching the news , it was pathetic she was saying she was an angel, taken so young and all this crap . I told him to get rid of her .

the day lady di snuffed it I went round to my mates house and his girlfriend , who was an idiot , was sitting blabbing and crying watching the news , it was pathetic she was saying she was an angel, taken so young and all this crap . I told him to get rid of her .
    Should have binned her and got a 🦙, I would have

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Odds are a couple of homeless people will have died today in the UK, and some kids, and quite a few young adults, plenty of older adults and a 99 year old prince who can choose which castle or palace he wishes to live in at any given time.
    Shame she didn't snuff it on the same day, The BBC would've been chasing it's arse like a dog with ringworm.

yeah the woman across the road from me was in floods of tears, went to watch the funeral up in London.
    clearly never been within a mile of the woman while she was alive yet was acting as though a close family member had died. it's an odd phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Oooh you're hard.
    The language I've used is vulgar, but then so are they, horses for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah the woman across the road from me was in floods of tears, went to watch the funeral up in London.
    clearly never been within a mile of the woman while she was alive yet was acting as though a close family member had died. it's an odd phenomenon.
    Obvious mental health problems, or emotionally immature. When i see that type of behaviour, i always wonder how these plebs would react if someone they knew and loved passed away prematurely.

The language I've used is vulgar, but then so are they, horses for courses.
    Fair play To you.

Ho hum.

It's screwed up todays tv that's for sure.

It's going to be unbearable when Liz snuffs it.

Best we can hope for is getting best part of a week off work.

I live in the United States, where the duke's death is getting significant but by no means overwhelming attention. I'm listening to British radio stations via this remarkable website that allows you to listen to stations all over the globe:

http://radio.garden

Sky News is hitting it hard. Hoo-boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Obvious mental health problems, or emotionally immature. When i see that type of behaviour, i always wonder how these plebs would react if someone they knew and loved passed away prematurely.
    To b honest I am not sure if grown men who scream, shout, curse and sometimes cry, every Saturday at 22 overpaid prima donnas ( bit of hyperbole - they are not all that bad especially the lower down the leagues you go!) trying to knock a white (or yellow or whatever) leather( or whatever material) sphere into two 24ft by 8ft wooden framed nets have any right to criticise anyone else's mental or emotional state !!!!!!