Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
As someone who firmly belongs in the left and right both slag it off, so it must be doing something right, I still watch the BBC a lot, but yesterday set me thinking all of their critics might have a point. The fact it's a public server broadcaster should mean they should try to serve all of the public, including the sizeable minority who are either anti royal or not remotely interested in the Royal family. By all means, have extended coverage and reaction on one of their main channels, but there is no justification at all for it to be on both of them. Even worse though was when I thought I'd listen to some IPL or county cricket on 5 Live extra and found they'd stopped broadcasting it and then when I went on the BBC website to read their rolling coverage on the four day matches, they'd even stopped that!
Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
If this MB is anything to go by, goodwill has already started to disappear.

Anyone think she'll abdicate?
I never ever thought she would but with Prince Philip no longer by her side and if he truely was the rock her majesty says he has been during her reign, I think it might be a real possibility.

I can certainly see the Royals becoming even less popular when Charles gets the top job, even to some diehard royalists.
I am not sure the bunch of reprobates on this board are a good guide to anything!!!!!