+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    No, he wasn't any of those things, it is just your opinion of him. He was probably better regarded and considered in other countries than he was here. But it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    Do you think saying ......this looks like it was made by an Indian! is being respective of other cultures and countries ?

You are having a laugh 😆

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you think saying ......this looks like it was made by an Indian! is being respective of other cultures and countries ?

You are having a laugh 😆
    I didn't mention anything about indians, you're inventing things to suit your posts again sludge, as you always do.
    As for the "slitty eyes" comment, it was made to brit students studying in China when he met them on a Tour with Chinese dignitaries on the great wall. The Chinese took no offence at it at all, only commenting that it is just the same as they calling us "Round eyes" as they do.
    It was the British press who were actually there to help promote the UK for business purposes, that picked up on it and made a huge fuss about it, implying he had insulted the Chinese nation when in reality no insult was intended or taken. It was a jokey comment blown out of all proportion be certain journos.
    But being constantly in the public eye I suppose he should sometimes have been more circumspect in his comments.

I think on balance he did far more good for people than he ever did harm and used his position to help a great number and to promote the country across the world. Not a bad thing to do in life really.

But I get the feeling that you are so bitter and envious of anyone whom you see as having more privilege than you that you could never see the good in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I didn't mention anything about indians, you're inventing things to suit your posts again sludge, as you always do.
    As for the "slitty eyes" comment, it was made to brit students studying in China when he met them on a Tour with Chinese dignitaries on the great wall. The Chinese took no offence at it at all, only commenting that it is just the same as they calling us "Round eyes" as they do.
    It was the British press who were actually there to help promote the UK for business purposes, that picked up on it and made a huge fuss about it, implying he had insulted the Chinese nation when in reality no insult was intended or taken. It was a jokey comment blown out of all proportion be certain journos.
    But being constantly in the public eye I suppose he should sometimes have been more circumspect in his comments.

I think on balance he did far more good for people than he ever did harm and used his position to help a great number and to promote the country across the world. Not a bad thing to do in life really.

But I get the feeling that you are so bitter and envious of anyone whom you see as having more privilege than you that you could never see the good in any of them.
    It's great that those slitty eyed people found it funny. I wonder if slitty eyed people from countries that Britain colonised or that were part of the commonwealth found it entertaining too.