Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
Exactly.

One poster in this thread wrote about a semi-deified group of people who are put on a pedestal merely due to their being born in the right bed. I would ask anyone who has posted in this thread to search their hearts and ask themselves would they have preferred to have been born into that group of semi-deified people (i.e. the royal family in this case with all their wealth and status) rather than the family in which they find themselves? I for one am eternally grateful that I was not! Likewise I am eternally grateful that I was not born into abject poverty like a child in Yemen.
I understand your sentiments but I think it's disingenuous to suggest that it's not possible to be humanitarian towards members of the Royal Family and loathe everything they represent. Love thy enemy and all that. To be fair, I know plenty of people who have been born into awful family lives and would swap in a heartbeat with any of them. And, you don't have to go to Yemen to find a child living in poverty. There are plenty close to home.