+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I was thinking he must be on Mikes payroll.
    Either that, or he’s a one man search engine.
    The font of all knowledge. I often wonder if there is any beginning to his talents.
    Cutting, dear boy, cutting

Out of interest, what do you do for a living ?
    Whats that got to do with Prince Phillip snuffing it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You tried.

But you must realise by now that Sludge know more than us mere mortals.

As does TOBW.

We have to bow to their superior wisdom.

And accept their criticism with good grace.

( When IS someone going to invent a suitable sarcasm smiley???)
    Well I have been kind enough to give you advice and contacts on your wife's PIP claim

But if you don't want to be pointed in the right direction just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I have been kind enough to give you advice and contacts on your wife's PIP claim

But if you don't want to be pointed in the right direction just let me know
    Keep your hair on Sludge.

AS you know I have thanked you several times for this, and indeed I sang your praises for your knowledge in this area when tha poor chap posted about the problems with his sick wife the other day.

But you have criticised me in the past for my posts so I can surely criticise you for your when I have a different opinion.

And you are not an expert on The Duke Of Edinburgh. Neither am I I come to that.

To be fair you are getting the backlash for a TOBW post the other day when he really annoyed me and i resolved not to hold back so much as I do sometimes on posts I disagree with.

And I have also been unwell made worse by the antibiotics giving me a nasty bout of indigestion. And I have another week to take!!

My usual sunny disposition may return in a few days.

Then again..........

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You tried.

But you must realise by now that Sludge know more than us mere mortals.

As does TOBW.

We have to bow to their superior wisdom.

And accept their criticism with good grace.

( When IS someone going to invent a suitable sarcasm smiley???)
    he's very trying , I will give him that

I was thinking he must be on Mikes payroll.
    Either that, or he’s a one man search engine.
    The font of all knowledge. I often wonder if there is any beginning to his talents.
    There is certainly no end to them

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's great that those slitty eyed people found it funny. I wonder if slitty eyed people from countries that Britain colonised or that were part of the commonwealth found it entertaining too.
    There's over a billion people live in China, to say that they didn't take offence at Phil's comments is generalisation on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Trust me Wales does not have the worst child or family poverty in the UK, nor has it had in the last 50 years. I have seen families of 8 living in a 2 up 2 down with no bathroom ,a toilet in the yard and no furniture except in the so called sitting room. sleeping on matresses on the floor and taking it in turns to sleep because there are not enough matresses. Families that didn't bath from one month's end to the next, kids and adults with ringworm and scurvy, no food in the house, never saw fruit from one week to the next.
    A 6 yr old boy walking around the town in the pouring rain at 3 AM because "It's not my turn to sleep.
    I get annoyed sometimes when I think of what I've seen in this country and hear people shouting about poverty. I realise it is hard for them but they are luckier than they will ever know.
    https://www.poverty.ac.uk/report-wal...ild-poverty-uk

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Please don't shoot the messenger - I'm only going on what I've seen reported and I totally get where you're coming from. I would say this though, you acknowledge that you realise it's hard for them and you're right, they're luckier than the examples you've cited, but for them, it's true of today and life is different, the demands are different.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this sh*t because as I mentioned in an earlier post it's too depressing. I'm trying to build bridges year and winging it!

I just want everyone on this thread to have a virtual group hug!
    the messenger was correct

Trust me Wales does not have the worst child or family poverty in the UK, nor has it had in the last 50 years. I have seen families of 8 living in a 2 up 2 down with no bathroom ,a toilet in the yard and no furniture except in the so called sitting room. sleeping on matresses on the floor and taking it in turns to sleep because there are not enough matresses. Families that didn't bath from one month's end to the next, kids and adults with ringworm and scurvy, no food in the house, never saw fruit from one week to the next.
    A 6 yr old boy walking around the town in the pouring rain at 3 AM because "It's not my turn to sleep.
    I get annoyed sometimes when I think of what I've seen in this country and hear people shouting about poverty. I realise it is hard for them but they are luckier than they will ever know.
    Trust me , it does

https://www.theweek.co.uk/101237/ten...erty-in-the-uk

The total number of children in poverty has risen from 3.6 million in 2010-11 to 4.1 million in 2017-18. And the Institute for Fiscal Studies predicts that this figure will continue to rise, hitting 5.1 million by 2022, as a result of “cuts to benefits and in-work allowances”

The UK’s poorest neighbourhoods are spread across the country, but there is a notable concentration in Greater London. Tower Hamlets has the highest child poverty rates among British local authorities, at 57%, followed by the London boroughs of Newham, Hackney and Islington.

Manchester, Luton, Peterborough and the Lancashire town of Pendle also have among the highest levels of child poverty, with all recording rates above 45%.

Or....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...child-23794168

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theweek.co.uk/101237/ten...erty-in-the-uk

The total number of children in poverty has risen from 3.6 million in 2010-11 to 4.1 million in 2017-18. And the Institute for Fiscal Studies predicts that this figure will continue to rise, hitting 5.1 million by 2022, as a result of “cuts to benefits and in-work allowances”

The UK’s poorest neighbourhoods are spread across the country, but there is a notable concentration in Greater London. Tower Hamlets has the highest child poverty rates among British local authorities, at 57%, followed by the London boroughs of Newham, Hackney and Islington.

Manchester, Luton, Peterborough and the Lancashire town of Pendle also have among the highest levels of child poverty, with all recording rates above 45%.

Or....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...child-23794168
    I noticed in the lists at the end all the places mentioned were in England, as if there is none is Scotland Northern Ireland or Wales. Never realised we are so lucky. But of course N Ireland is not Britain.
    This is not a dig at you by the way Jon, I appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    By the way chaps the thread started as Duke of Edinburgh dies
    Glad you pointed this out saves me trawling through the whole thread for some relevance.

I was going to say, yes the Duke had his faults but to blame world child poverty on him seems a little harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Glad you pointed this out saves me trawling through the whole thread for some relevance.

I was going to say, yes the Duke had his faults but to blame world child poverty on him seems a little harsh.

Believe me, whatever the linked report might say, what ever some people have to put up with in the Bridgend valleys is nothing compared to what I mentioned. And I wasn't describing 1 house to make a point, I mean house after house street after street, each one just as cold dirty shabby and rundown as the next. And I had to live with the consequences for month after month, yeas after year, the consequences of people living in those condition for the whole of their lives.
    I'm not going to argue with you because we all know you must know more about social suffering than everyone else on here. I just hope you never have to witness what I saw to make you realise you're not always right, much as it might hurt your ego.
    Either the figures from the child poverty action group are wrong and you are right

Or they are right and you are wrong

There are clearly more kids starving in Malawi than there is in Morriston but that's not the issue .

Child poverty in Wales is a huge problem .