+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

I bet Boro fans are relieved, Warnock was just about to offer him a 3 year deal with a years option to extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Think it was on the cards after his recent hospital stay.
    i said the same...he looked like he didn't have long

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I bet Boro fans are relieved, Warnock was just about to offer him a 3 year deal with a years option to extend.

BBC going OTT. Both BBC1 & BBC2 have same news on Phil’s passing. Why?

He was pushed towards the Queen by Louis Mountbatten who wanted to be a King Maker. He wanted Phil to become King after George VI.
    so when he was 18 his weird uncle tried to set him up with his 13 year old cousin .

not sure that's any better

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

I found about his death on the BBC Sport website, for some reason. Simulcast across the board.

https://twitter.com/MarkHolt4/status...89633797177350

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    so when he was 18 his weird uncle tried to set him up with his 13 year old cousin .

not sure that's any better
    Mountbatten wanted to be a ‘King Maker’ and run the Royal Family, a true Battenburg, he had Philip in line to be King after George VI died. He wasn’t too happy his plan didn’t work. He then took Charles under his wing and had plans for him.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

And one of Phil’s sayings

‘Don’t stay in China too long or you’ll end up with slitty eyes’

Controversial he certainly was.
    In 1999

During a walkabout at an Edinburgh electronics factory, Prince Philip remarked that a fusebox bursting with wires looked "as if it was put in by an Indian".

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Can't get away from his image on Facebook, and worryingly on several advertising boards. Its like living in North Korea
    Yeah they say the hardest thing about living there is the Facebook content

Racist prick heading a racist institution - glad he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    In 1999

During a walkabout at an Edinburgh electronics factory, Prince Philip remarked that a fusebox bursting with wires looked "as if it was put in by an Indian".
    Hours and hours of eulogies on the media of course. It's sad when anyone dies, but let's not pretend that he has been anything other than a privileged boorish snob for decades and decades.....

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Hours and hours of eulogies on the media of course. It's sad when anyone dies, but let's not pretend that he has been anything other than a privileged boorish snob for decades and decades.....
    He’s been much more than that, though each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What a load of bollux.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a load of bollux.
    Fascinating.

Surely that's what their News Channel is for, or do they have blanket coverage in their role as a state broadcaster?

DofE and DMX both on the same day and with heart conditions. Coincidence?

I'm not a raving Royalist, but I do appreciate what they do, and what they bring to this country. Philip has been the backbone of the Royal family for over 70 years, and deserves better than the sad paedo/racist slurs appearing on this website. He may have let his guard down for the odd verbal slip, but for goodness sake, if you were traipsing round making endless visits Royal every day, I'm sure you'd try to lighten the mood a little. Give the guy a break - he's only been dead five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah they say the hardest thing about living there is the Facebook content
    I’m trying to find the laughing emoji but having trouble so have this llama instead! 🦙

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, although I doubt many will have respect for you or your comment.

Hopefully when you eventually 'go' your family and friends won't be so disrepectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    DofE and DMX both on the same day and with heart conditions. Coincidence?
    More like conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I'm not a raving Royalist, but I do appreciate what they do, and what they bring to this country. Philip has been the backbone of the Royal family for over 70 years, and deserves better than the sad paedo/racist slurs appearing on this website. He may have let his guard down for the odd verbal slip, but for goodness sake, if you were traipsing round making endless visits Royal every day, I'm sure you'd try to lighten the mood a little. Give the guy a break - he's only been dead five minutes.
    **** off - he was heading up an organisation that is actively covering up for, associating with and decorating paedophiles, as well as being institutionally racist, interbred, abusive, vastly overprivileged leeches probably involved in a bit of murder as well.. . He can burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, although I doubt many will have respect for you or your comment.

Hopefully when you eventually 'go' your family and friends won't be so disrepectful.
    **** off - he was heading up an organisation that is actively covering up for, associating with and decorating paedophiles, as well as being institutionally racist, interbred, abusive, vastly overprivileged leeches probably involved in a bit of murder as well.. . He can burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Every social media outlet has it’s arseholes. You don’t need to look too far on this one.