+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

RIP

Came on this MB when Jimmy Saville died... Wasn't mourning his loss like others, posted something from a Leeds message-board about him - Everyone calling me subhuman for having a go at Jimmy so soon after his passing..

Its sycophantic bollocks from the BBC

Royal Correspondents from past and present talking cobblers about a man who has had a good long life and lived till 99

The general public are doing their bit too , one clown interviewed outside the Palace saying it was a tragedy.....he was 99 ......a shock .....he was 99 ff sake and she was devastated as he had been part of her life since being a little girl

Have these people who creep up to the royals got no life ? Do they realise they go to the toilet just like us ?

He was definitely a daft old racist and regarding his work on conservation if he was that keen on animals why did he go fox hunting ?

I feel sorry for old queenie who has lost her life partner but thats about it really

Giles Brandraeth is on now , looking like he's just got up

Its 2021 its time we binned them

Sir Tom , who raised all that money for the NHS whilst everyone else was just clapping

That upset me when he died 😔

But not Prince Phillip , means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sir Tom , who raised all that money for the NHS whilst everyone else was just clapping

That upset me when he died ��

But not Prince Phillip , means nothing
    i,m on the same wave length sludge and on the day his plaque at his covid memorial has been trashed

what's the world coming too

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...ir-tom-5275685

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    i,m on the same wave length sludge and on the day his plaque at his covid memorial has been trashed

what's the world coming too

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...ir-tom-5275685
    Always been idiots like that about , its usually lads about 15 or 16

Poor old fella

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How much more can be said about him? It’s been wall to wall coverage for hours and hours. Imagine what it’ll be like when his wife dies. Perhaps Harry’s wife can rest easy now the Queen Mother and the Duke’s gone.
    the day old queenie dies is the day I move to Porthcawl

I will have to escape

the day old queenie dies is the day I move to Porthcawl

I will have to escape
    Same here. A long walk on the Quantocks will be called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Same here. A long walk on the Quantocks will be called for.
    Me too

BBC4 were scheduled to show a France v England women's football international tonight. Even that's not being shown.

If you want to watch a screen telling you to watch the game on iPlayer then tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    BBC4 were scheduled to show a France v England women's football international tonight. Even that's not being shown.

If you want to watch a screen telling you to watch the game on iPlayer then tune in.
    every cloud

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I did that once, on the way to Wigan and back, but fortunately someone else was driving!

You are a braver man than i Gungha Din !

Someone i know took the train down to London to attend Thatchers funeral

There are some very odd people about

I mean friends and family is one thing

All that flower throwing and couples openly crying when lady di and her coffin went past

What the feck is all that about ?

Go for a walk , get a Chinese, go and watch the bluebirds , clean your car , give money to charity

But mourn the death of someone from a privileged background , in person , there on the spot ?

Either these people are potty or they just want to get on the news

Mad

Someone i know took the train down to London to attend Thatchers funeral

There are some very odd people about

I mean friends and family is one thing

All that flower throwing and couples openly crying when lady di and her coffin went past

What the feck is all that about ?

Go for a walk , get a Chinese, go and watch the bluebirds , clean your car , give money to charity

But mourn the death of someone from a privileged background , in person , there on the spot ?

Either these people are potty or they just want to get on the news

Mad
    There was a stupid woman crying on an interview, did you know him, stupid person

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    There was a stupid woman crying on an interview, did you know him, stupid person
    the day lady di snuffed it I went round to my mates house and his girlfriend , who was an idiot , was sitting blabbing and crying watching the news , it was pathetic she was saying she was an angel, taken so young and all this crap . I told him to get rid of her .

the day lady di snuffed it I went round to my mates house and his girlfriend , who was an idiot , was sitting blabbing and crying watching the news , it was pathetic she was saying she was an angel, taken so young and all this crap . I told him to get rid of her .
    Should have binned her and got a 🦙, I would have

yeah the woman across the road from me was in floods of tears, went to watch the funeral up in London.
    clearly never been within a mile of the woman while she was alive yet was acting as though a close family member had died. it's an odd phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah the woman across the road from me was in floods of tears, went to watch the funeral up in London.
    clearly never been within a mile of the woman while she was alive yet was acting as though a close family member had died. it's an odd phenomenon.
    Obvious mental health problems, or emotionally immature. When i see that type of behaviour, i always wonder how these plebs would react if someone they knew and loved passed away prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Obvious mental health problems, or emotionally immature. When i see that type of behaviour, i always wonder how these plebs would react if someone they knew and loved passed away prematurely.
    To b honest I am not sure if grown men who scream, shout, curse and sometimes cry, every Saturday at 22 overpaid prima donnas ( bit of hyperbole - they are not all that bad especially the lower down the leagues you go!) trying to knock a white (or yellow or whatever) leather( or whatever material) sphere into two 24ft by 8ft wooden framed nets have any right to criticise anyone else's mental or emotional state !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    To b honest I am not sure if grown men who scream, shout, curse and sometimes cry, every Saturday at 22 overpaid prima donnas ( bit of hyperbole - they are not all that bad especially the lower down the leagues you go!) trying to knock a white (or yellow or whatever) leather( or whatever material) sphere into two 24ft by 8ft wooden framed nets have any right to criticise anyone else's mental or emotional state !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Quite right, thankfully, i don't do any of those things

Ho hum.

It's screwed up todays tv that's for sure.

It's going to be unbearable when Liz snuffs it.

Best we can hope for is getting best part of a week off work.

I live in the United States, where the duke's death is getting significant but by no means overwhelming attention. I'm listening to British radio stations via this remarkable website that allows you to listen to stations all over the globe:

http://radio.garden

Sky News is hitting it hard. Hoo-boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It's screwed up todays tv that's for sure.

It's going to be unbearable when Liz snuffs it.

Best we can hope for is getting best part of a week off work.
    At that point you'll have to deal with her death, Charles's coronation and William's investiture as Prince of Wales. All at the same time.

LOL.