+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand National

Re: Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres a whole range of sports that there are arguments for banning. Boxing , rugby , ban heading in football.

Where does it end.?
    Humans have a choice to box , play rugby , head a ball

Me chucking in my pretend metal little fish to trick a pike or perch or trout is playing on its natural instincts and I cannot argue that it has cruelty in it

Horses bred for racing are done for human entertainment , they don't have a choice

I am being devils advocate here , I know a lot of people enjoy racing , as they do fishing but we can't deny its not morally right

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Humans have a choice to box , play rugby , head a ball

Me chucking in my pretend metal little fish to trick a pike or perch or trout is playing on its natural instincts and I cannot argue that it has cruelty in it

Horses bred for racing are done for human entertainment , they don't have a choice

I am being devils advocate here , I know a lot of people enjoy racing , as they do fishing but we can't deny its not morally right
    Well the school I went to you had to play rugby. No choice.

Well I suppose you could have and faced the consequences.

Do people still regularly watch horse racing if don't bet?

Also do you have a jockey, horse, trainer who you support

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

I watch horse racing if I havent got a bet on. Not all racing.

Sometimes because I just like racing but also look at the race to pick something for a bet to bet in a future race. The pubs I go to if the racing is on the same time as a PL game id normally prefer the racing.

I know someone who only bets on Paul Nicholls horses. He came to Chepstow with us once and he got some inside info from a connection from another yard. The horse romped home at something like 8 to 1.

He was the only one not on it as it wasnt a Nicholls horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

I've never been a gambler but was brought up in a household where my parents, aunty and grandparents regularly had a flutter. Consequently I've always loved horseracing as a spectacle, even when it was only in black and white on the box.

I look forward to the main racing festivals at Ascot, Goodwood, Cheltenham and Aintree but only ever bet on the Grand National. And thankfully Minella Times won yesterday, my first successful National pick since Amberleigh House in 2004.

Not since the Lester Piggott/Noel Murless jockey/trainer association have I had any particular favourites but that may now change with the Blackmore/de Bromhead combo ! What a superb jockey she is, and such a nice lady.

I prefer all the big festivals as well particularly Cheltenham. I used to stay up there for the entire meeting.

Now normally just do the one day but always have the week off.

Most Saturdays im looking at races with a view to winners at the festival in March where I will normally bet every race for the 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I prefer all the big festivals as well particularly Cheltenham. I used to stay up there for the entire meeting.

Now normally just do the one day but always have the week off.

Most Saturdays im looking at races with a view to winners at the festival in March where I will normally bet every race for the 4 days.
    My success rate at picking winners is so poor that if I did gamble regularly I would become a poor man pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Itís been won by a load of women at Castle Bingo....hey Castle Bingo
    Elizabeth Taylor in 1944