+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand National

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Do people still regularly watch horse racing if don't bet?

Also do you have a jockey, horse, trainer who you support
    I've never been a gambler but was brought up in a household where my parents, aunty and grandparents regularly had a flutter. Consequently I've always loved horseracing as a spectacle, even when it was only in black and white on the box.

I look forward to the main racing festivals at Ascot, Goodwood, Cheltenham and Aintree but only ever bet on the Grand National. And thankfully Minella Times won yesterday, my first successful National pick since Amberleigh House in 2004.

Not since the Lester Piggott/Noel Murless jockey/trainer association have I had any particular favourites but that may now change with the Blackmore/de Bromhead combo ! What a superb jockey she is, and such a nice lady.

I prefer all the big festivals as well particularly Cheltenham. I used to stay up there for the entire meeting.

Now normally just do the one day but always have the week off.

Most Saturdays im looking at races with a view to winners at the festival in March where I will normally bet every race for the 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I prefer all the big festivals as well particularly Cheltenham. I used to stay up there for the entire meeting.

Now normally just do the one day but always have the week off.

Most Saturdays im looking at races with a view to winners at the festival in March where I will normally bet every race for the 4 days.
    My success rate at picking winners is so poor that if I did gamble regularly I would become a poor man pretty quickly.