+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Who Smoke Too Much Weed.

People Who Smoke Too Much Weed.

Now, this is all Purely anecdotal, Based on people that i know pretty well or who i've come across over the years. I have a couple of good friends who smoke weed quite heavily, a married couple who are on it, and i have to say that as much as i like them all, they can all be a major pain in the arse based on day to day things, tasks, basic organisation etc. They are all a bit paranoid to varying degrees, ****ing boring to the point of tears over 'Those' that are watching us etc, and are soft, with a lack of desire or any type of motivation. On the plus side, they're very laid back and expectation levels over material things are almost non existent.

Like i said, this is purely anecdotal, i don't think for one minute that all people who smoke weed are the same. I'm not against it or any other drug for that matter and i understand that it has benefits in alleviating pain. It just seems, in my experience, that if you smoke too much of it, you turn into a bit of a bellend.

Re: People Who Smoke Too Much Weed.

Can take folk down a strange path, however they are chilled and harmless most of the time , knowing folk who are heavy daily drinkers and dope smokers I think I prefer the later .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can take folk down a strange path, however they are chilled and harmless most of the time , knowing folk who are heavy daily drinkers and dope smokers I think I prefer the later .
    I kind of agree, it's just the utter bullshit that the people i know who smoke a lot of it, spout. Being 'Harmless' in the sense that you mean can be so annoying and boring at times.

Pot pot give me some pot forget who you are and you can be who your not.....Neil Diamond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqTpFFu2vDk

I find drunk people incredibly boring and they bring nothing to my life so I tend to avoid them

I used to smoke, don't anymore but being stoned with a group of mates watching comedy stuff was a great laugh

But weed definitely causes anxiety and a level of paranoia , smoking weed and going out for a meal , to the cinema or to social occasions was always something I avoided .

However I never saw any of my mates cause trouble whilst cabbadged, drink on the other hand causes endless problems

https://youtu.be/1WRqwAeHlnQ

Have a suck on that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I find drunk people incredibly boring and they bring nothing to my life so I tend to avoid them

I used to smoke, don't anymore but being stoned with a group of mates watching comedy stuff was a great laugh

But weed definitely causes anxiety and a level of paranoia , smoking weed and going out for a meal , to the cinema or to social occasions was always something I avoided .

However I never saw any of my mates cause trouble whilst cabbadged, drink on the other hand causes endless problems
    I don't know the health risks attached to smoking a lot of weed, although i'll take your word for it. There's certainly a problem in this country with alcohol abuse, and looking at it anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be the younger generation who seem to have the problems in an entrenched way. Alcohol drinking seems much more of an issue with the older generation in this country. My point was that Weed heads, or certainly the ones i know, seem uptight, paranoid and plain ****ing useless for the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't know the health risks attached to smoking a lot of weed, although i'll take your word for it. There's certainly a problem in this country with alcohol abuse, and looking at it anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be the younger generation who seem to have the problems in an entrenched way. Alcohol drinking seems much more of an issue with the older generation in this country. My point was that Weed heads, or certainly the ones i know, seem uptight, paranoid and plain ****ing useless for the best part.
    To be fair you can be stoned off your face and still walk in a straight line

6 pints and you got no chance

Weed definitely affects your motivation , 6 or 7 stones will take an age to order a takeaway even though they all have the munchies

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Most people I know calmed down or stopped by the time they hit 40, the ones that didn’t don’t seem to do much with their lives. I’ll probably get more done in a day than they do in a week. Ambition is low. Usually no kids so just fret about stuff that’s not really that important but is in their minds....I kind of feel sorry for them. My uncle is about 65 and smoked all his life but he said after 50 the paranoia just gets too much so he quit. A few mates just smoke on occasions now but they become so boring I can’t cope with it.

If I had to choose which to ban, between alcohol and weed, I'd choose alcohol every time.

Like with any drug, if you abuse it, it causes problems. The problems, however, are much less severe for the person involved, and everyone else, compared to the problems alcohol abuse causes.

The pothead loves blowing the alcoholics candle out to make theirs burn brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If I had to choose which to ban, between alcohol and weed, I'd choose alcohol every time.

Like with any drug, if you abuse it, it causes problems. The problems, however, are much less severe for the person involved, and everyone else, compared to the problems alcohol abuse causes.
    Allday long if alcohol was invented today it would never be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The pothead loves blowing the alcoholics candle out to make theirs burn brighter.
    I've done both, weed made me hungry and sleep a lot, alcohol almost killed me.

The most dangerous, freely available drug in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Probably right mate. Too much money in it now sadly.

I've done both, weed made me hungry and sleep a lot, alcohol almost killed me.

The most dangerous, freely available drug in the world.
    That made me sound like I was undervaluing people with addictions to weed, that's not what I intended. It can, and has ruined people without a doubt.

If anyone is struggling with any addiction then there's a wonderful group of people that can help http://www.recoverycymru.org.uk/

I volunteer for the above, and they help so many people everyday.

That made me sound like I was undervaluing people with addictions to weed, that's not what I intended. It can, and has ruined people without a doubt.

If anyone is struggling with any addiction then there's a wonderful group of people that can help http://www.recoverycymru.org.uk/

I volunteer for the above, and they help so many people everyday.
    Exactly their both nasty drugs that do damage in their own ways.

Weed definitely has an impact if smoked heavily. I know of at least 4 people, all heavy smokers, who committed suicide in their 20's/early 30's. No idea if directly linked of course, but too much of a coincidence for me.

I think as with anything if you are to do anything to excess.. drugs, alcohol, cannabis. it is usually because you have some pre-existing mental health issues. Which leads to bad conations of the substance.

I smoked weed as a teenager then stopped for about 10 years, as I found it harsh on my lungs and wanted to loose weight and improve fitness, two things it is defiantly not conducive with!

however about 6 months ago, my friend recommended a dry herb pen, this heats up the weed without burning, providing a cooler/smoother vapor.
    I now smoke every night about 1 hour before bed, never have I been more relaxed, had better sleep and not noticed any downsides.

The munchies is still a big problem, but self-discipline eventually makes them less and less prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I think as with anything if you are to do anything to excess.. drugs, alcohol, cannabis. it is usually because you have some pre-existing mental health issues. Which leads to bad conations of the substance.

I smoked weed as a teenager then stopped for about 10 years, as I found it harsh on my lungs and wanted to loose weight and improve fitness, two things it is defiantly not conducive with!

however about 6 months ago, my friend recommended a dry herb pen, this heats up the weed without burning, providing a cooler/smoother vapor.
    I now smoke every night about 1 hour before bed, never have I been more relaxed, had better sleep and not noticed any downsides.

The munchies is still a big problem, but self-discipline eventually makes them less and less prevalent.
    I hear you Chris, but from my experience pot is a slow burner couple of years even a decade it's a good laugh but 30 years 40 years my old mates who still smoke are pretty fecked up in the head and their lives are very shallow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZx5OgKQNrA

Well worth a watch always makes me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I'd say the same about tobaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZx5OgKQNrA

Well worth a watch always makes me laugh!
    Never seen that before very good!
    'we didn't order chicken, never mind we will pick it out'
    that literally encompasses the entire stoner culture

When I was a lot younger, there was a bunch of friends who were always nipping out to see 'the Captain' - ie. Captain Paranoia. They knew back them how it affected certain people. Didn't affect everyone that way, mind.

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I'd say the same about tobaco.
    Alcohol has been with us for eons. In olden times everyone drank alcohol of one strength or another, even children, the water for the most part was unpalatable. It was the best was to clear the germs out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Alcohol has been with us for eons. In olden times everyone drank alcohol of one strength or another, even children, the water for the most part was unpalatable. It was the best was to clear the germs out of it.
    I dread to think what it tasted like. I got roped into going to a real ale festival a few years ago. First stand offered a free half as a sample I literally spat the mouthful out shouting what the feck is that. Poor bloke was so proud of his ale I thought he was going to cry.

It didnt get much better. I moved to the ciders. I imagine real ale drinkers would have a field day if they could go back to those days.