+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Brexit Done , Get Done By Brexit

Get Brexit Done , Get Done By Brexit

Areas like Bridgend , which voted tory to get out of Europe are going to regret falling for the lies of the conservatives .

They were told they would be rewarded , along with other places for losing out on EU money by getting cash from the UK Government Community Renewal Scheme

Bridgend has some of the poorest areas in the UK, along with parts of Caerphilly Borough

Both have been left out of the list of places that are to receive money from the renewal fund

But its not all bad news , of 35 places part of the list , 22 are tory seats , 10 are former Labour seats the tories won in 2019 and 10 are home to tory ministers

It has been argued that places like Bridgend and Caerphilly have been completely hung out to dry and in Bridgends case most certainly as they voted for Boris

Having analysed the data it appears they have been giving a complete beating and left to rot

Post brexit regional aid .........but they were fibbing

Re: Get Brexit Done , Get Done By Brexit

Forget the party politics for a moment, but did you seriously think that all that 'EU money' actually came from the EU ?

The Chancellors seat , very wealthy ?

Thats getting post European Brexit Aid

Its only fair

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Forget the party politics for a moment, but did you seriously think that all that 'EU money' actually came from the EU ?
    never mind that , the British people have spoken now , I didn't vote to leave so my conscience is clear ......but the tories said they would protect the areas formerly helped by European money ......wether thats all European money or part uk taxation , part uk.......doesn't matter

Areas like Bridgend are not going to be given money from the uk community fund , which is to replace money they previously got

Its an utter stitch up and a disgrace

I would say we told you so but its too late now

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    never mind that , the British people have spoken now , I didn't vote to leave so my conscience is clear ......but the tories said they would protect the areas formerly helped by European money ......wether thats all European money or part uk taxation , part uk.......doesn't matter

Areas like Bridgend are not going to be given money from the uk community fund , which is to replace money they previously got

Its an utter stitch up and a disgrace

I would say we told you so but its too late now
    If it wasn't for Covid, no doubt you would still be demonstrating outside parliament, waving one of those ridiculous EU flags !!

Reminds me of those Japanese soldiers on remote islands still fighting for the cause years after the war was over. Although to be fair to them, social media was not what it is today.

I think we get the point that the result had nothing to do with you and we're all going to hell in a handcart.

Look on the bright side....... I had the winner of the National today !

It doesn't really matter who paid for it if it isn't going to be replaced.

Areas like Bridgend , which voted tory to get out of Europe are going to regret falling for the lies of the conservatives .

They were told they would be rewarded , along with other places for losing out on EU money by getting cash from the UK Government Community Renewal Scheme

Bridgend has some of the poorest areas in the UK, along with parts of Caerphilly Borough

Both have been left out of the list of places that are to receive money from the renewal fund

But its not all bad news , of 35 places part of the list , 22 are tory seats , 10 are former Labour seats the tories won in 2019 and 10 are home to tory ministers

It has been argued that places like Bridgend and Caerphilly have been completely hung out to dry and in Bridgends case most certainly as they voted for Boris

Having analysed the data it appears they have been giving a complete beating and left to rot

Funny you mention caerphilly as I recall sky news were there the day after the initial brexit vote back in 2016.
    The reporter by the castle grabbed some wandering local, asking how did they vote, I voted to leave of course, what have the EU ever done for us here? “Uh...funded the regeneration of your town centre” oh...I didn’t know that as he wandered off to greggs for a pasty.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Funny you mention caerphilly as I recall sky news were there the day after the initial brexit vote back in 2016.
    The reporter by the castle grabbed some wandering local, asking how did they vote, I voted to leave of course, what have the EU ever done for us here? “Uh...funded the regeneration of your town centre” oh...I didn’t know that as he wandered off to greggs for a pasty.
    The EU have funded far more regeneration projects in the valleys than Westminster. One might argue that London seeks to keep Wales in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    If it wasn't for Covid, no doubt you would still be demonstrating outside parliament, waving one of those ridiculous EU flags !!

Reminds me of those Japanese soldiers on remote islands still fighting for the cause years after the war was over. Although to be fair to them, social media was not what it is today.

I think we get the point that the result had nothing to do with you and we're all going to hell in a handcart.

Look on the bright side....... I had the winner of the National today !
    Well you as a tory won't be going to hell in a handcart but the poor bastards in the Bridgend valleys will be

Fool em , use em , spit em out

As for demonstrating no , the country has spoken and now its got to deal with it

But I think the tories promising the poorer areas they would be looked after if they voted leave then saying well actually no , we were lying , is a portent for the people

But as long as tories are happy , well that's all that matters really

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    dear oh dear

dear oh dear
    It was comical no one they spoke to had a clue

Let's just say for the sake of argument that "EU money" didn't come from the EU. A shit load of it went to Wales. Now it's all dried up. Do you remember what South Wales was like in the 70s and 80s?

Handy reminder before the elections to vote for anyone other than tory scum please. They can't even pretend to give a toss about Wales.

Golden boy 'texts from Dave' Rishi gets his constituents some funding but Mornington Meadows isn't deprived enough apparently.

Bloody hell sludge your boring

International

But the pro Brexit team wasn't the Tories, it was a cross party group who wanted us out, just like the Remainers were a cross party group that wanted us to remain.

But we mustn't let little things like facts get in the way of sludge's arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the pro Brexit team wasn't the Tories, it was a cross party group who wanted us out, just like the Remainers were a cross party group that wanted us to remain.

But we mustn't let little things like facts get in the way of sludge's arguments.
    That’ll upset a few on here.

Kate Hoey should be a Tory though, she ticks most of the boxes of homophobia, xenophobia and twattishness.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bloody hell sludge your boring
    There are none so stupid as those that cannot see

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Kate Hoey should be a Tory though, she ticks most of the boxes of homophobia, xenophobia and twattishness.
    Wasn't the former labour leader on the Brexit side of the argument?

The facts were that 80 percent of the brexit crew were tories

I would say thats self evident to anyone with half a brain that the tory party were the prime movers behind all this

Surely you are not stupid enough to argue otherwise ?

Wasn't the former labour leader on the Brexit side of the argument?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

it would if he were speaking facts , but he isn't

Hoey , Benn , Skinner and a few clowns aside the leave Europe campaign was spearheaded , and funded, by the tory right

And thats a fact

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Handy reminder before the elections to vote for anyone other than tory scum please. They can't even pretend to give a toss about Wales.

Golden boy 'texts from Dave' Rishi gets his constituents some funding but Mornington Meadows isn't deprived enough apparently.
    The joy of government is that the people are stupid

No
    I think Corbyn was originally anti-Europe, but chopped and changed a little. I think if he'd have come out and respected the Leave vote, we'd have had Brexit with a Labour government.
    https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...-brexit-stance

the tories promised to replace every penny of eu funding lost to brexit in Wales.......in their manifesto .......and areas which clearly gained from European funding have been excluded

A spokeswoman for the UK government's ministry of housing , communities and local government , responsible for the community renewal fund , refused to comment

Kin hell , bunch of chancers and spivs

Bridgend , Caerphilly ........widespread poverty and social deprivation .....sorry

Richmondshire , Chancellor Sunaks seat..........wealthy ........here is some cash 💸

The Conservative Party , vote for us and as long as you are rich , we will look after you

Everyone else can naff off

Sludge, some of the left like Benn always were anti EU. Their arguments about the perceived lack of democracy within the EU was central to their politics.

Some are having revisionist history here.

As it goes, I was full on Remain. The Tory governments trickle down policies will never invest in Wales, even though they’re now saving £350 million a week.