+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What chance now of making the playoffs?

What chance now of making the playoffs?

The obvious answer is none.

Statistically, it could be done, but I've yet to find a team overturning a 9 point deficit with 5 games to go in the Championship.

Last season Swansea overturned an 8 point deficit over the last 5 games. They only won 10 points from their last 5 games but Forest only won 2 points. Such a collapse is very rare. There was another in 2008/09, where a side won 1 point from their last 4 games and had a massive goal difference overturned, in what was probably the biggest collapse ever seen.

Bournemouth have a game in hand. If we overtook any side in the top 6 they would have suffered the greatest end of season collapse in this division's history, since the playoffs were formed.

You'll also notice that I haven't even touched on the possibility of us winning 5 on the trot.....

Re: What chance now of making the playoffs?

No chance, players have already booked holidays to Dubai

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No chance, players have already booked holidays to Dubai
    There are odds of 40/1 on City making the playoffs. For those who don't understand betting odds, that means for every pound spent betting on City making the playoffs, that's a pound lost.

A win today would have made Friday interesting and with favourable run in would have kept the season alive.

Dead now as bad as we hope reading will be - we are incapable of picking up the points we need to pressure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There are odds of 40/1 on City making the playoffs. For those who don't understand betting odds, that means for every pound spent betting on City making the playoffs, that's a pound lost.
    Paddypower offering 60/1 on City.

Swans 1/20
    Barnsley 1/16
    B'mouth 1/12
    Brentford 1/10
    Reading 9/4
    Watford 4/1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Such a collapse is very rare. There was another in 2008/09, where a side won 1 point from their last 4 games and had a massive goal difference overturned, in what was probably the biggest collapse ever seen.

Omg lol 😂 😂 ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Omg lol �� �� ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers
    Imagine if it was us! And it became known as "doing a Cardiff". We'd never live it down.

Omg lol �� �� ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers
    How I laughed at the time.

Omg lol 😂 😂 ****ing embarrassing for whoever that is. Losers
    I read Eric's very interesting post and thought, he's got all that information and didn't say who the side was.
    Luckily for me, as I came on late, I scrolled down to this when the penny dropped!

It's been a long day

I think that the most significant development will be what sort of players are brought in during the summer: are we aspiring to be a team that can play the ball or just retain the style that is more limited and less ambitious in the long term?

Cardiff’s season is done and I don’t think Reading are far behind.

Shame the way it's fizzled out. 1 point from 3 very winnable games is a very poor return. Most of the playoff sides have had some dodgy form recently, unfortunately we couldn't capitalise

More chance of striking a match on a dish of jelly

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Shame the way it's fizzled out. 1 point from 3 very winnable games is a very poor return. Most of the playoff sides have had some dodgy form recently, unfortunately we couldn't capitalise
    Very disappointing, had we held on yesterday and beaten one of Forest/Wednesday we'd be in with a decent shout going into the final 5 games which include Birmingham, Rotherham and Wycombe.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Very disappointing, had we held on yesterday and beaten one of Forest/Wednesday we'd be in with a decent shout going into the final 5 games which include Birmingham, Rotherham and Wycombe.
    What you’re basically saying is that if City were a better team they’d be in a better position.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What you’re basically saying is that if City were a better team they’d be in a better position.
    Perhaps his auntie really has got balls!!

Luckily , the vet has put us out of our misery with a big goodbye injection, so as we wouldn’t feel the pain of another play off failure.

International

I don't understand why the 'holiday' is always is Dubai. It's ****ing awful! If I had their money I'd go to much better places

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't understand why the 'holiday' is always is Dubai. It's ****ing awful! If I had their money I'd go to much better places
    Bling. Footballers [and their WAGS] LOVE bling.