+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff’s “underdogs” robbed of win in dying minutes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff’s “underdogs” robbed of win in dying minutes.

Smithies is our no.1 keeper forced out through illness and kept out by Phillips many good earlier performances.
    If you can’t bring back the No. 1 after the team had conceded five I’m not sure when.
    The shame of it was that he made big gaff yesterday, just as Phillips had made in his run of games.

Whilst Sang and Brown are doing ok as individuals the balance of the team losing NG and Bennett changed and the loss of Nelson and then Morrison had an even bigger impact.

Pack and Vaulks are not producing as they were and the flair up front has disappeared.

Ralls return and MM’s new contract also coincided with our worsening performances

What surprised me yesterday, and you referred to it, were the lack of changes in the second half.

I guess we need to put out our strongest team against Reading and Brentford and possibly Rotherham and Wycombe to avoid any blame coming our way.

Re: Cardiff’s “underdogs” robbed of win in dying minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Smithies is our no.1 keeper forced out through illness and kept out by Phillips many good earlier performances.
    If you can’t bring back the No. 1 after the team had conceded five I’m not sure when.
    The shame of it was that he made big gaff yesterday, just as Phillips had made in his run of games.

Whilst Sang and Brown are doing ok as individuals the balance of the team losing NG and Bennett changed and the loss of Nelson and then Morrison had an even bigger impact.

Pack and Vaulks are not producing as they were and the flair up front has disappeared.

Ralls return and MM’s new contract also coincided with our worsening performances

What surprised me yesterday, and you referred to it, were the lack of changes in the second half.

I guess we need to put out our strongest team against Reading and Brentford and possibly Rotherham and Wycombe to avoid any blame coming our way.
    Losing Bagan was just as much of a blow as losing Bennett. IMO Bagan and Ng will be our first choices at LB and RB in the future. I don't see MMs contract extension having caused our slump. I put it down to our midfield being absolutely garbage. Vaulks, Ralls, Bacuna and Pack have been letting the side down big style Agree about the initial loss of Nelspn and then Morrison.
    Spedger