+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Fans.

Liverpool Fans.

A minutes silence tonight for the anniversary of Hillsborough, yet still a few couldn’t refrain from attacking the Real Madrid team bus today.
    Always the victims, some always lacking class.

Re: Liverpool Fans.

When fans are back would a ban on them playing at Anfield for a few European ties be appropriate? Both games in the group stages played at their opponents grounds. Shocking behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A minutes silence tonight for the anniversary of Hillsborough, yet still a few couldn’t refrain from attacking the Real Madrid team bus today.
    Always the victims, some always lacking class.
    Well clearly the Liverpool fans killed and injured at Hillsborough were the victims of a complete feck up

However a jury decided that duckenfield was not guilty of manslaughter

To hear them attacking the real Madrid bus , well it beggars belief really

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well clearly the Liverpool fans killed and injured at Hillsborough were the victims of a complete feck up

However a jury decided that duckenfield was not guilty of manslaughter

To hear them attacking the real Madrid bus , well it beggars belief really
    Why does it beggar belief that they attacked the opposing team's bus? It's not like they've never done it before.

Usual Scouse behaviour, it'll be Ramos fault by the morning.

Didn’t Liverpool fans storm the gate (without tickets) into an already overcrowded end causing a crush of their own fans?
    They cannot accepted any blame.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    When fans are back would a ban on them playing at Anfield for a few European ties be appropriate? Both games in the group stages played at their opponents grounds. Shocking behaviour.
    Oh but they are such special nights the European ones at Anfield......how could one possibly not allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Didn’t Liverpool fans storm the gate (without tickets) into an already overcrowded end causing a crush of their own fans?
    In a word , no

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Oh but they are such special nights the European ones at Anfield......how could one possibly not allow it?
    It wouldn’t take a lot to outdo the atmosphere at their league games.

Still reading The Sun then

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Why does it beggar belief that they attacked the opposing team's bus? It's not like they've never done it before.

Usual Scouse behaviour, it'll be Ramos fault by the morning.
    I don't think we are in any position to comment on fans behaviour given the antics of our fans over the years , its certainly not confined to Liverpool fans

However I am amazed that at a time of lockdown a visiting teams players coach is attacked

Behave butt.

I don't think we are in any position to comment on fans behaviour given the antics of our fans over the years , its certainly not confined to Liverpool fans

However I am amazed that at a time of lockdown a visiting teams players coach is attacked
    They done Man Citys bus in 2018, they even attacked the ambulance carrying Alan Smith to the hospital complete with his broken leg.

Im old enough to remember the CS gas attack of Ron Atkinson and co in the 80s. It seems to be an Anfield tradition?

Ah well. Karma can be sweet!

In a word , no
    I was talking to a Sheffield Wednesay fan who was at the match, last time we played them away. He put the blame squarely on drunken Liverpool fans. Yes, the police made a bad response to a situation, made matters worse by lying about it, but no way are the Liverpool fans blameless. Let's not forget Heysel either.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I was talking to a Sheffield Wednesay fan who was at the match, last time we played them away. He put the blame squarely on drunken Liverpool fans.
    That's conclusive proof if ever I've heard it. Case closed.

I was talking to a Sheffield Wednesay fan who was at the match, last time we played them away. He put the blame squarely on drunken Liverpool fans. Yes, the police made a bad response to a situation, made matters worse by lying about it, but no way are the Liverpool fans blameless. Let's not forget Heysel either.

Would have saved a hell of a lot of time, trouble & money if he’d have put the record straight in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's conclusive proof if ever I've heard it. Case closed.
    Liverpool fans are moaners like none others. It’s never their fault when things go wrong for their team.

The Hillsborough incident has been discussed many times on here over the yrs.The blame has been squarely levelled at the police in charge that day, especially Duckenfield.
    The lying and cover ups by the police were disgraceful. Some of the accusations in the Sun were also disgraceful.
    That said, i’ve never heard any Liverpool fans put their hands up and admit many entered without tickets when the gates were opened.
    Any supporters of any team would have done the same given the opportunity, but never the less it was a contributing factor.
    Also, imo, the hooligan element around at the time have the most amount of blood on their hands. If the fences weren’t up, not a single fan would have perished.

For Hillsborough i'm sure some Liverpool fans were drunk, some probably tried to get in without tickets, that would be the same most Saturdays at most grounds.

Police control of the situation, safety planning, stadium regs all far more culpable.

What some chavs attacking a bus 30 years later have to do with innocent fans getting crushed trying to watch the football has to do with anything I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    For Hillsborough i'm sure some Liverpool fans were drunk, some probably tried to get in without tickets, that would be the same most Saturdays at most grounds.

Police control of the situation, safety planning, stadium regs all far more culpable.

What some chavs attacking a bus 30 years later have to do with innocent fans getting crushed trying to watch the football has to do with anything I don't know.
    Do you not think that as it’s the 32nd anniversary of the fateful day today, yesterdays attack on the Real Madrid bus was both disgraceful and lacking class, even it was a bunch of chavs?
    That’s why i started this thread.

As the Authority supposed to be managing the crowd at the game, anything that went wrong and resulted in loss of life is bound to land at the door of the Police - which it has done so. That doesn't alter the fact that millions have seen the footage of the Liverpool fans surging towards the gates just before KO. I wonder if it were Millwall or City fans back then, would the eventual outcome/enquiry been the same ?

If we were in a major European final , there had been disturbances all day between us and say juventus fans and in the pen next to us juventus fans were giving Cardiff fans a kicking then as sure as night follows day Cardiff fans would have ripped down poorly made fencing to get stuck into the Italian fans

What happened after that was down to a crap old stadium

Although quite rightly Liverpool fans involved in those disturbances were put before the courts and found guilty

Whilst people can argue about Hillsborough till they are red in the face the fact is duckenfield lied

I personally failed to see the point of sending the man to prison but that was irrelevant as he was I believe found not guilty of manslaughter

So the only person , I think , to be charged and put on trial for this was him

No Liverpool fans were charged with manslaughter which given that many people think it was their fault , seems odd

I wouldn't have wanted to be a copper on duty that day , police horses were being lifted up by the strength of the crowd , it must have been horrific

Liverpool fans have asked for justice for the 96 , they have had their day in court

I am still amazed that local idiots threw stones at the bus but we have plenty of those too

Some right idiots in this thread fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Some right idiots in this thread fair play.
    Yup, some of the responses are shameful.

If only that Sheffield Wednesday fan could've had his say between April 1989 and 2019, it would've saved so much time, anguish, upset, depression, likely premature death and not to mention, Money.