+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna

Bacuna

Right back - crap
    Behind the striker - crap
    Attacking midfield - ok-ish
    Deep defensive midfield - depends who he’s played with but generally crap
    Centrally - hit and miss but shown some real promise in some games when given space.

It’s clear he’s going to feature quite often next season

I don’t see where he fits in MM 3 at the back system though

Re: Bacuna

Oddly right wingback may suit him but MM seems to see him as an attacking midfielder, don't really see it myself.

Perhaps one to move on especially if his reported high wages see true, we have a few great lads in the U23 squad bring them on now Mick , please .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Perhaps one to move on especially if his reported high wages see true, we have a few great lads in the U23 squad bring them on now Mick , please .
    I'm not sure if we'll be able to "move on" an average player on high wages with two years left of his contact.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Right back - crap
    Behind the striker - crap
    Attacking midfield - ok-ish
    Deep defensive midfield - depends who he’s played with but generally crap
    Centrally - hit and miss but shown some real promise in some games when given space.

It’s clear he’s going to feature quite often next season

I don’t see where he fits in MM 3 at the back system though
    I think he's ok he puts a shift in and he's a tough player that puts himself about.
    He scared the shit out of the sweaty sacks sorry i mean swansea jacks in the first half

Trouble is that he’s a McCarthy favourite.

Could it be bite the bullet time again before the start of next season re. Players still under contract? Make the ones not required an offer to square up the remaining time left on their contract if we can’t transfer them in the usual way. I know it’d cost initially but it wipes the slate clean. Just don’t bring Russell Slade in to do the honours this time.

Bacuna’s signing was peak USM.

Have to say I couldn't see why we bought him in the first place. Desperation?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I agree, it was one of Warnock's 'I have to sign somebody in January, pay too much, and pay high wages' signings. He has played a lot of games for us though in the last two seasons.

Damour hardly played for us in the first part of that season, so we needed another central midfielder.

Bacuna has been at Cardiff for two and a half seasons but it’s still unclear what his best position is or what his strengths are supposed to be. That’s a player Warnock bought for £4 million we’re talking about.

I think Bacuna should be off our books ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Damour hardly played for us in the first part of that season, so we needed another central midfielder.
    If Demour wasn't needed the first half of the season why replace him?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If Demour wasn't needed the first half of the season why replace him?
    Because we only had three other players in that position (Arter, Gunnarsson, and Ralls).

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bacuna has been at Cardiff for two and a half seasons but it’s still unclear what his best position is or what his strengths are supposed to be.
    Running around. In terms of stats, he's our least creative central midfielder, an average passer, an average tackler and not very accurate in front of goal.

He has never been worth the money we paid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bacuna has been at Cardiff for two and a half seasons but it’s still unclear what his best position is or what his strengths are supposed to be. That’s a player Warnock bought for £4 million we’re talking about.
    wasn't it on a 5 year deal to ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    wasn't it on a 5 year deal to ?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47071577

Four and a half year contract from January 2019 - for a reported £4m fee.

yeah i thought it was something like that and my colleagues at the time all aston villa fans told me he was pony too jon1959

i thought it was a bit over the top at the time signing on a long term contract to me the worse of warnocks signings

think time has proven right

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47071577

Four and a half year contract from January 2019 - for a reported £4m fee.
    Ah well, the good news is 2 and a half years have gone by, so only two to go!! Perhaps Norwich will take hime and Vaulks for £12m??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Ah well, the good news is 2 and a half years have gone by, so only two to go!! Perhaps Norwich will take hime and Vaulks for £12m??!!!!
    We gave him a contract that was so disproportionately good we will be stuck with him for the duration of a deal that no other club in their right mind would have done. Thanks Colin Wanker, the downside of your period of management will hang about like chlamydia.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Because we only had three other players in that position (Arter, Gunnarsson, and Ralls).
    Yeah but the point was why not just keep Demour if he's hardly being used then clearly he wasn't needed much. Just seemed an expensive transfer for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Yeah but the point was why not just keep Demour if he's hardly being used then clearly he wasn't needed much. Just seemed an expensive transfer for the sake of it.
    The signings of Damour and Warnock paint an accurate picture of Warnock's transfer dealings.

I really liked Damour and thought he was an excellent addition to the squad. Neat and tidy with a good pass, who also racked up a lot of yards. The fact he was unknown, came from an unheralded second-tier French team and arrived on a free transfer made it all the better. I remember Warnock saying the recommendation came from the same source that had suggested he sign Drogba in his younger years. Warnock was (and no doubt still is) great at things like this.

However, Bacuna is the polar opposite. In horse-racing terms, he's "exposed". You know what you're going to get and he's unlikely to make a real splash. Add in the fee and the contract length and it's not good business. Fair enough, he's still in-and-around the first XI every week and I don't dislike him, just that he's a bit too much "6/10" for me.

have to agree with you; move him on.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    We gave him a contract that was so disproportionately good we will be stuck with him for the duration of a deal that no other club in their right mind would have done. Thanks Colin Wanker, the downside of your period of management will hang about like chlamydia.