Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
I think his transfer fee was £3.1m which, if you looked at the Reading messageboards at the time was regarded by their fans as good business. The fee is not an issue for me but I think the 4 and a half year contract was too long and if you research his salary online £27k per week comes upon a number of sites and has also been quoted on here in the past as being on a par with Morrison and second only to Smithies. When playing midfield he has never looked value for money to me. In terms of insulting our ex manager, as far as I am concerned this is one of many reasons to do so.
So you don't really know what the fee was or how much he earns. The length of contract means very little nowadays anyway. I actually agree with you in terms of Bacunas position in the team. I wouldn't have him in any team that I picked because to me he is lazy and gets caught out of position too often. That isn't down to his lack of ability, its his attitude on the pitch. That is something that you only find out when he is at the club unfortunately. Every player signed is a gamble to some extent. Some come off, others don't. As to your attitude to Warnock, you don't have to like him but to engage in snide remarks and direct insults is childish in the extreme and very disrespectful to a man who picked the club up by its bootstraps, connected the club to the fans for the first time in years and took us to the Premier League on a shoestring budget within 18 months. Something that I will never forget anyway.