+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR official and referee WTF

VAR official and referee WTF

MU v Spurs, seen it all now.
    McTominay apparently fouled Son.
    Farcical.

Edit:
    Disallowed the goal, son scores other end!

Re: VAR official and referee WTF

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Farcical.
    I thought it was a fair decision by VAR.

Farcical.
    Absolute filth of a decision and now Son puts them 1-0 up.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I thought it was a fair decision by VAR.
    Rubbish.
    If Son had not tried to grab McTominay in the fist place (I.e. fouled him), McTominay would not have needed to fend him off.

He flicked his hand into Son’s face. It’s a foul.

Rubbish.
    If Son had not tried to grab McTominay in the fist place (I.e. fouled him), McTominay would not have needed to fend him off.
    So McTominay fended him off then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Accidently, always looks worst slowed down

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    And yet earlier in the day a Newcastle player got kicked in the face in the penalty area and VAR deemed that wasn’t a foul.

Both decisions were ridiculous. VAR has quickly become a genuine embarrassment for the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And yet earlier in the day a Newcastle player got kicked in the face in the penalty area and VAR deemed that wasn’t a foul.

Both decisions were ridiculous. VAR has quickly become a genuine embarrassment for the Premier League.
    It’s what I always thought would happen, these decisions were never black and white and reviewing in them in slow motion only makes it worse.

It was never a foul in my opinion, it all just seems so inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s what I always thought would happen, these decisions were never black and white and reviewing in them in slow motion only makes it worse.

It was never a foul in my opinion, it all just seems so inconsistent.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The whole thing seems so pointless. The vast majority of the decisions are being reached merely on opinions and the offside rulings are farcical. It’s not making the game better in any respect, so why persist with it?

In most cases, VAR basically boils down to referees in studios either overruling the referees on the pitches or heavily influencing them based on nothing but their own opinions. It’s ridiculous. We were far better off when the opinions of the officials at the game were the only ones that mattered.

Agreed. Waste of time and money. Either the referee is in charge, or he isn't.

The whole thing seems so pointless. The vast majority of the decisions are being reached merely on opinions and the offside rulings are farcical. It’s not making the game better in any respect, so why persist with it?

In most cases, VAR basically boils down to referees in studios either overruling the referees on the pitches or heavily influencing them based on nothing but their own opinions. It’s ridiculous. We were far better off when the opinions of the officials at the game were the only ones that mattered.
    I think it should be scrapped on the basis that we tried it and it hasn’t worked to better the game.

Terrible decision. Son should have got an Oscar for acting. The fact that the ref watched it replayed a few times, and still thought it was a foul says all you need ti now about VAR.
    Complete joke.
    Then again, there is even a difference of opinion amongst the few posters on this thread.
    It obviously comes down to interpretation

Any decision that goes against Manchester United is ok by me

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I think it should be scrapped on the basis that we tried it and it hasn’t worked to better the game.
    Goal line technology has been brilliant. That’s definitely been a step forward. I think I’m right in saying there has been just one glitch (during Villa v Sheff Utd last season), but apart from that it’s been faultless. You can’t disagree with it.

VAR, on the other hand, has been consistently abysmal and it’s making the referees look even more clueless than they were to begin with.

So true

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Terrible decision. Son should have got an Oscar for acting. The fact that the ref watched it replayed a few times, and still thought it was a foul says all you need ti now about VAR.
    Complete joke.
    Then again, there is even a difference of opinion amongst the few posters on this thread.
    It obviously comes down to interpretation
    The way I've looked at it is -
    Did McTominays hand hit Son in the face? In my opinion it did.
    If an opponents hand hits a player in the face, is it a foul? Again, in my opinion it is.

Pogba elbowed a Spurs player in the throat earlier in the first half near the touch line. Should he have even been on the pitch to play in Cavani for the disallowed goal?

What happened to the "clear and obvious" bit? Someone had a goal disallowed yesterday for a hand or an elbow and even with the lines it looked level. Who decides whether it's clear and obvious? One person? More? Can the ref overrule the VAR decision?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Any decision that goes against Manchester United is ok by me
    Yeah, I certainly wasn't disappointed with it, but even I think Man United were hard done by.

OGS doing quite well now after a shaky start.

Goal line technology has been brilliant. That’s definitely been a step forward. I think I’m right in saying there has been just one glitch (during Villa v Sheff Utd last season), but apart from that it’s been faultless. You can’t disagree with it.

VAR, on the other hand, has been consistently abysmal and it’s making the referees look even more clueless than they were to begin with.
    Was there ever an official explanation about that glitch?

Kicks in the head in the penalty area don't seem to be deemed a foul somehow. I've seen a few this season.

Could it be a problem if it’s used for a few seasons and then binned? Refs and linesmen could become ‘lazy’ knowing VAR would bail them out, the standard of officials could suffer badly if its kept for a while and then dumped.