+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 01/02 shirts for sale

01/02 shirts for sale

Having a clearout and stuck a couple of old shirts on ebay if anyone is after them for their collection. Both auctions end this evening. Cheers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/tommatthe...1&_ipg=&_from=

Re: 01/02 shirts for sale

Shame they're medium size...most of our fans (me included) are L or XL.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    pretty wild statement to make

Ya skinny get, XXL more like

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    pretty wild statement to make
    Don't think so - I buy a lot of shirts from various sources, and the price is always higher if they're size L or XL.
    You'd think that there would be more of those sizes available, and so the price would be lower, but it's not the case.
    I think it's because we have more fans of that size range, and so there is more demand for the shirts. i.e. The guys buying old shirts are size L or XL.
    A 'rare' shirt in L or XL will always fetch more than the same shirt in S or M.

Don't think so - I buy a lot of shirts from various sources, and the price is always higher if they're size L or XL.
    You'd think that there would be more of those sizes available, and so the price would be lower, but it's not the case.
    I think it's because we have more fans of that size range, and so there is more demand for the shirts. i.e. The guys buying old shirts are size L or XL.
    A 'rare' shirt in L or XL will always fetch more than the same shirt in S or M.
    Sure but it's a pretty big leap from that to making a claim about the size of "most of our fans." Even assuming that your conclusion is right from your own experience, that's only related to the tiny percentage of our fans that buy rare or old shirts from ebay and stuff

Why am I arguing with someone about this on the internet

Forget it, all the best to you and I hope you find these and all other shirts in your size

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Why am I arguing with someone about this on the internet

Interesting point is that when looking down the t shirt racks in shops there’s always plenty of smalls and mediums left unsold (and quite a few Ls). I do think that it’s a fact that we’re definitely getting bigger and not always through overeating or lifestyle, we just are. Those of us who have grown up sons who tower over us can testify to this.

I've been selling clothing, mostly vintage on eBay for 10 years and big sizes definitely sell better and quicker.
    Apart from the obvious conclusion that Britain is getting fatter I also think that big guys in particular are less likely to visit high street shops, and are often not catered for on the high street.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I've been selling clothing, mostly vintage on eBay for 10 years and big sizes definitely sell better and quicker.
    Apart from the obvious conclusion that Britain is getting fatter I also think that big guys in particular are less likely to visit high street shops, and are often not catered for on the high street.
    Whats it like down your way these days wearing a bluebirds top ?

Plenty about and knowing smiles , nods , winks and head slapping ?

Or shouts of scum

Bit of both I'd say. I haven't encountered any personal abuse but I know people who have. Had a few funny looks wearing the mask but as my main hangout is the supermarket these days, it's not exactly flashpoint central.
    All said and done, they seem to still have a bit of a chip on the shoulder even during the Premier spell

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I rest my case....