Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
This board has really helped me today Sludge. Tried to ring the GP today but receptionist refused to put me through.
Phone the number of adult old age mental health I have given you direct , if they are awkward phone social services , if they don't help you phone your gp and tell them you need an urgent assessment for a psychiatric review of your wife

You can phone the adult mental health for older people NOW , its a duty desk and you can leave a message , they will phone you as soon as you can

Your wife is clearly in need of expert help , if they tell you to contact your gp tell them you already have and the receptionist wouldn't put you through to a doctor .

If they insist you speak to a GP first bollocks to the receptionist , tell her or him you want to speak to a doctor and will keep phoning till you speak to one . You MUST tell the doctor how unwell your wife is and how unwell it is making you . You must not take no for an answer . If you want me to phone the gp or the old age mental health team on your behalf message me and I will do it . I have already phoned general adult mental health services and they gave me the number above at maindiff. This is your first step , you must get medical intervention for your wife NOW and then for yourself .