OK. I have been thinking about this on my walk this morning. I have a lot of experience with the kind of problems you are experiencing with several members of my family. From my own experience don't let this go. All of the authorities will assume the problem has gone away if you don't badger them continuously.

If I was in your shoes I would do the following:

1. You have to sort yourself out first. Visit your GP, tell him/her how you feel and if necessary get some medication like Diazapan to calm you down and help you to think more clearly.

2. Speak to Social Services and tell them the problem and how it is affecting you. Say you cannot keep caring for your wife as you are at your wits end.

3. Follow up the conversation with a letter to Social Services and copy it to your GP, your local Councillor, your MP, local health authority and your AM. Make sure the letter makes it absolutely clear the people who you are copying the letter to. Say something like " I am copying this letter to etc''...............It is then a matter of record that you are in need of help and if anything were to happen one of them will know they have to do something. At least one of them will set the ball rolling as they know they will be culpable if anything were to happen.

Taking these steps got my mother in law and sister in Whitchurch Hospital and my mother a care package from Social Services. They are well able to handle awkward customers such as your wife who seems to be suffering from an aggressive form of dimentia. If you have no savings so much the better because in the early stages all I was given was a list of care providers you have to pay for.

Try and take the first step today. Procrastinating until you feel helpless is not the way to go but I strongly advise you to start off by sorting yourself out first.