+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T BIT OF A LONG SHOT, AM DESPERATELY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T BIT OF A LONG SHOT, AM DESPERATELY IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Please contact these good people:

https://www.samaritans.org/wales/branches/cardiff/
    I agree that is an excellent idea. I have never used them but they must have heard this sort of story before and shouls know where you can get help

It is likely she needs reassessment from the mental health team.
    Has she a CPN? She also must have a consultant, if so speak to their secretary to make an appointment.
    Also if she is getting more confused, then she may have a delirium possibility due to a urine infection.

But in the 1st instance she needs a review, especially if she is or not on any anti psychotics such as risperidone or halopeladol to name but 2.

Thanks for getting back to me mate, She just refuses to see anyone at all, so no Consultant no nothing Im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me mate, She just refuses to see anyone at all, so no Consultant no nothing Im afraid
    Some good advice here but you won't be able to help your wife, who you patently love to bits, if you are unable to function yourself.

I would suggest seeing a doctor about yourself first about your own mental health challenges about the problems you are facing. It may be in working through these issues with your doctor that you can work on some kind of intervention plan for your wife as well when they see what effect it is having on you.

Good luck. It took a lot of strength to bare your feelings on this.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Some good advice here but you won't be able to help your wife, who you patently love to bits, if you are unable to function yourself.

I would suggest seeing a doctor about yourself first about your own mental health challenges about the problems you are facing. It may be in working through these issues with your doctor that you can work on some kind of intervention plan for your wife as well when they see what effect it is having on you.

This seems like excellent advice to me.

Sorry to hear this mate, the advice already provided seems a good start and hope you work your way through it.

On a side note, when we are allowed back in the stadium, let me know if you would ever like to go to a game, I can pick you up and it might be nice to get out the house for a bit and watch some live football

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Sorry to hear this mate, the advice already provided seems a good start and hope you work your way through it.

On a side note, when we are allowed back in the stadium, let me know if you would ever like to go to a game, I can pick you up and it might be nice to get out the house for a bit and watch some live football
    That's a lovely gesture! There are still plenty of good people in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Chris, What a lovely offer, Wife and I were Season ticket holders for 10 years until My hip ops. I would love to take you up on your offer sometime when things get better. Thanks again my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Yes, this is very excellent and important advice. You must see your GP and you must insist on getting a social worker for yourself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes, this is very excellent and important advice. You must see your GP and you must insist on getting a social worker for yourself too.
    This.....all the way