+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sang signs new deal

Sang signs new deal

Re: Sang signs new deal

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...diff-city-deal

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that Tom Sang has signed a new deal with the Club.

The promising 21-year-old has extended his time in South Wales, with this new agreement running until the summer of 2023.

Tom spent the first half of the 2020/21 season out on loan with League Two side Cheltenham Town, making 15 appearances. He was called upon by Mick McCarthy in early March to play wing-back following injuries to a number of First Team players, and Sang has fitted in seamlessly, appearing in seven Championship games this term to date.

Speaking at Cardiff City Stadium after signing his new contract, Tom said: “I’ve kept my head down and kept working and I’m absolutely buzzing that I’m here for the next two years, and hopefully even more.

“You’ve got to want it and I want to get better every single day. I’m just delighted that I’ve got a future here to build on.

“As soon as I came back from loan, I knew what my job was and I knew where I was going to be playing if the chance came. It’s a really good environment to be in.

“I want to thank the Gaffer for the opportunity and the trust in me.”

City boss Mick McCarthy added: “When I came here - I just saw something in him. He’s a really good guy, a good character, a hard worker, a good footballer and a positive guy on the pitch.

“When I’ve asked him to play at right wing-back because of Perry’s injury, he’s been brilliant. He really has been outstanding.

“He thoroughly deserves this contract. I’m delighted for him that he’s taken his chance and delighted he has this new deal.”

Well deserved. Hopefully Tom will continue to progress, he's already looking capable and comfortable starting for the City.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well deserved. Hopefully Tom will continue to progress, he's already looking capable and comfortable starting for the City.
    Excellent news, well done Tom.

Great news. One of the most comfortable players on the ball City have had for a long time. Reminds me of Peter King. Should be a fixture in the centre of midfield for years to come. Well done, Tom. You deserve it.

StT.
    <><

Good news, he's done well given the circumstances.

Also good to hear that it's a "really good environment to work in".

Thoroughly deserved, been very impressive since coming into the side

That's great news I love the quote " you got to wan't it" that's enough for me, got the potential to be a Cardiff legend.

Great news. Now lets see him in midfield.

Great news. Something to sing about.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Well done Tom , Mick and the commitee

Well deserved and congratulations to Tom - he's been our most composed player since coming into the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Great news. Something to sing about.
    Song Sang Blues everybody.......

Best news of the week cracking player ,didn't realise he was at Utd for 4 years as a youngster, must have showed some promise to be retained by them during that period .

Congratulations -Well Earned

Look forward to seeing him in his proper midfield position before the season's out